User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front indicator globes

Default Front indicator globes

Hey everyone. I have ordered 4 amber led light globes from the US to replace my indicator globes. They have the required technology built into them so that they don't cause hyper flash when you replace the normal globes so there is no need to put in load resistors.

My question is, my car is going in to have the grille replaced, slight altercation with a fox early one morning (luckily that was the only damage well apart from the number pate being broken which turned out to be a good thing as Phil from Lakin has designed a new number plate bracket for me which still involves removing the pimple but does not curve to the bumper, has stoppers behind it so it is straight - more polycarbonate number plate friendly), will the indicator light globes be more accessible with the bumper bar off? If so I'll get the smash repairer to put them in. Or will it still be tricky? I have not checked just how tricky they are to get too.

Indicator bulbs are easily accessible from under the bonnet

I changed my fronts to Silver Vision bulbs but when I changed the back ones to LED, I developed the hyper flash problem

I have embraced it!

Peter "SLIXX"

Anyone know the bulb size front and rear for gen 1? Lazy question I know.

http://bit.ly/J6bSqI

Peter "SLIXX"

Hahaha! Fair play, love it!

Cheers Peter.

Dammit Peter! Your just encouraging laziness of the youth of today.

As for the bulb change, I may have done it the wrong way, but on the Lux Version I had to go in under the wheel guard. Removed 3 screws from memory.

I had bought VLED's. Also bought 5 ohm resistors to slow the flashing, but didn't work. So abandoned them and but the Philips Silver back in.

Very interested in your purchase Mikey, website?

Thanks Brad. I had a look under the bonnet today and there is no way that you can do it from the engine bay (I have the Lux model too). I am guessing that I have to remove the same screws and again access the same way as the I did for the fog lights. I am hoping they arrive next week, paid a premium to get them express international. Have done that before on stuff from the US. Posted on a Friday and I had them Wednesday. So, it would be easy for them to put them in when they have the bumper off to do the grille - provided I can be that patient.

These are the ones I got, they come in white and amber - I got the amber of course..... not sure that you can have white front indicators in Oz.

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDet...r-Free-7440-2N

They are already on there way - so no doubt I won't be able to wait to put the front ones in..... lol....

Crap
    I forgot. Yes thru the wheel arch!!

I have a post with photos somewhere on here when I changed my bulbs and instructions should be in the Mazda 3 handbook

Peter "SLIXX"

ill be checking back here for feedback and photos. thanks mate lol

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Crap
    I forgot. Yes thru the wheel arch!!

I have a post with photos somewhere on here when I changed my bulbs and instructions should be in the Mazda 3 handbook

Peter "SLIXX"
    Yep, all of these questions are answered in the manual.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Well they arrived today and all installed. Sorry, I did not take pics before the install. Now, although I thought that they did not come with a load equaliser, they did. However, the base of the light globe has 2 wires coming out with a plug and the load equalisers have the opposite plug so you just plug them into that after you have plugged the globe into the wiring harness of the car. Much easier than trying to use the one touch clips and attach the load equalisers to the actual wire harnesses of the car. Then all you have to do is find somewhere to mount the load equalisers. Must say that I like the LED lights.

Now just waiting for the reverse lights to show up and for Monday when my car goes in to have the new grille put in. I bought some Phillips DRL's (they come on when the lights are off and go off when the parkers/main beam are activated) and am going to get the guys to attach them to the bumper/grille for me and run the wires through to the engine bay so I can connect them up.

Sweet! Pics or Ban!

watch where those resistors go - they can get very hot!

DRL's sound interesting!

Placement is tough on the GenII. Will be interested to see where you put them.

Yeah, I am going to have them in the same place as yours or directly below on the grille part. I'll get them to put the brackets in when they have the bumper off on Monday and get them to run the wiring through to the engine bay.

Hope yours look better. Mine suck,not very bright.

I have had a rubbish set (12 bucks) that weren't bright but never failed. Also bought an SMD set for about 130 and they actually threw light on the road. Will find out the brand and post pics if anyone is keen?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hope yours look better. Mine suck,not very bright.
    Hopefully they will be pretty bright as they will only be on during the day. The control box turns them off when the parkers are on. I got the Philips Daylight 4 DRLs.

DRL DayLight 4

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyACT View Post
    Hopefully they will be pretty bright as they will only be on during the day. The control box turns them off when the parkers are on. I got the Philips Daylight 4 DRLs.

DRL DayLight 4
    Oh yeah, they're going to be good. Jealous!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    I have had a rubbish set (12 bucks) that weren't bright but never failed. Also bought an SMD set for about 130 and they actually threw light on the road. Will find out the brand and post pics if anyone is keen?
    Would be interested. Like to see what products are out there.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast