User Tag List

Thread: Need some advise on rims.

1. Default Need some advise on rims.

Been member 4 a year n bit now, first so go easy on me.

My question is i am Lookin 2 change my rims however I dont want 2 lower da car due 2 scrappage. Should I stick 2 18s or can I go up to 19s with out Makin my ride look like a SUV?

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335482960.964798.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	10898  

It's going to look like a suv on stock springs with 19s still but it will help close the wheel gap slightly, I think 19s are ideal for the 6.

Spelling and basic grammar will help you no end, this is not text messaging, you can use more than 160 characters.

4. Default

It is when I'm use a phone!

Try using Tapatalk for starters. If your using an iPhail, it will spell check for you.

A few members here have 19's, looks great. Firmer ride I'd guess, but suits the car.

Tapatalk doesn't have a character limit (as far as I know), either way, I trust you will correct your original post at your first opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by purenv View Post
    ...first so go easy on me.

Cheers
    Unfortunately you've bumped into Matt who, like myself, has an aversion to all "speak" other than The Kings English. Do not take it personally, just realise this is a forum of all age groups, the vast majority of which probably never used SMS as a teenager.. So bearing in mind your audience, you might want to pay attention and phrase your queries appropriately.

To address your question, the forum search feature will find you many an MPS with after market rims. You'll no doubt discover that 18's or 19's your car already needs "moar low!"

I am fluent in SMS speak, but I also don't see the need, or place for it on this forum with unlimited character input, I like to read words in plain English without the need to decipher lazy text input, although I am curious as to how many of these SMS generation teenagers have ever submitted an English essay, or done their HSC in SMS speak.

Besides it in the rules, under section 2

New threads must always be titled appropriately to ensure easy categorisation and cataloging. Do not use symbols or CAPS to attract readers. Whilst, not everyone is perfect, please attempt to write posts in a decipherable language. Posts written in ‘SMS Speak’ or CAPS may be edited.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Correct me if im wrong but its not going to matter whether you go for 18's or 19's
    18's will have more profile on the tyre and 19's will have less

Scrappage .... ive got my car lowered and havent had any drama's, its my daily, just gotta be mindful

Have to agree with the English police

But, in order to answer the question, 19's won't make a difference to ride height, as rolling diameter of tyres will be the same.

Lower Springs/coilovers will stop the SUV look.

+1 for correct English.

I don't think your car will be scrapped if you lower it. Some states have car crushing laws, but these are only enacted if you have seriously broken the law.
    Putting bigger rims than 18's on the 6 is probably unneccesary. But post ideas of what you're thinking. If it was a set of 19x9/ 19x10 BBS LM's, then yes. If they're 19x7 bob jayne specials, then hahahahaha no.