User Tag List

Thread: VersaTuner 1.7 Released!

1. Default VersaTuner 1.7 Released!

VersaTune is proud to announce the following changes in VersaTuner 1.7

Extended Load and RPM Axes

Twenty One tables deemed critical to performance tuning and drivability have had their axes extended to 4.0 load and/or 8000 RPM. The tables modified include load targeting, fueling, ignition, valve timing, throttle, and boost control. Proper tuning of large turbo equipped vehicles is finally possible. Drivability is radically improved by removing the on/off behavior of tunes limited to a load of 2.0. All extended tables have “Extended” in the table name.

Removal of injector duty cycle limit

The ECU limits injector duty cycle to 80% to prevent cylinder wall wetting and to control emissions. This limit is seen as the ECU reducing wastegate solenoid duty cycle and closing the throttle at high loads and high rpm despite load targets not being achieved. By allowing the adjustment of this limit, you can now achieve the largest possible injection pulse width - from the close of the exhaust valve through ignition. There is a new table “Max Injector DC” to control this limit.

Ability to Save As in tune editor

We have added a "Save As" button to make it easier to retain a revision history in your tune database. You can change the name, description, and revision number of the tune when you save using the save as button.

Ability to use horizontal and vertical linear interpolation as well as 2D interpolation to fill cell ranges in tables

It is now possible to fill ranges of cells with data using linear and 2D interpolation. Simply populate the ends/corners of the range and click the interpolation button to fill the cells with data. This is very useful for those who create their own table data from scratch rather than modifying OEM values. It is also useful for extending tables beyond load 2.0 in existing tunes.

Log Viewer bug fixes and performance enhancements

The Log Viewer tab now refreshes each time you click on it. Load time for the Log Viewer tab has been significantly reduced for large log databases. Data log junkies rejoice!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Extended tables.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	10888  

Wow mate, that is a big thing with the load 4.0.

Very impressive indeed.

Any support for Genpu MPS 3?

yeah, beating the load cap AND 8000rpm... well done

This is handy . load cap was an issue for me in the past

5. Default

It's not just the load cap, VersaTuner is the only Mazda DISI tuning tool known to us that is capable of tuning boost, throttle, fuel mixture, ignition and other essential parameters in the range of 2.0+ load and up to 8000 RPMs. This means that not only can you EXCEED 2.0 load (which has been possible for a long time), but you can actually TUNE for 2.0+ loads.
    All tools that use standard ECU tables allow specifying values only up to 2.0 load. Once you exceed 2.0 load, the values for 2.0 load are being applied by the ECU, no matter if your load is 2.05 or 3.7. With VersaTuner 1.7 you can finally fine tune the tables across all loads you will encounter in real life. The ability to tune for reworked fast revving engines up to 8000 RPM is another great bonus.

Gen 2 support coming anytime soon?

7. Default

We don't have a date set yet. We are still bench testing.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Here is a pic of one of the Ignition tables to give an idea of how huge these tables are now:

Hi Steve, hope you are doing well. Mate are there any new developments to the Gen 2 software in the last 6 months?

Thanks

9. Default

We're doing internal testing still. We're acquiring ROM info from the regional markets so we have global support on launch. If you are able to read your ROM ID, please feel free to send me the ID string. If you have a J2534, I can send you a tool to read it, or you can use an app like Torque to read it with a cheap bluetooth interface and a smart phone.

I am picking up my MPS on Thursday afternoon. It is a MY12 so it is the latest model, I will see what is needed and get you the ROM. I have the Tactrix 1.3U cable that I used for my Evo 9, does that work on the Mazda ECU as well?

11. Default

The Tactrix 1.3 is not a CAN Bus compatible cable. You will need a VersaLink, Tactrix 2.0, Mongoose, etc to flash the ECU.

I will be in contact, let's tune this bucket! @Steve VersaTune