User Tag List

Thread: Ticking noise coming from Driver Side from wheel when turning or accelerating.

1. Default Ticking noise coming from Driver Side from wheel when turning or accelerating.

The right front corner of the car has picked up a ticking noise from the wheel area.

Noise is present under acceleration and when vigorously turning whilst moving.

Concerns are that the CV joint is fooked but maybe someone else can advise?

See your Vee's

JETMPS Guest

Can anyone shed anymore light on this topic?

4. Default

Sounds like a metallic ticking. Like a paying card in the spokes of a bike wheel.

It's your CV's dude

I had the same problem and took it back to dealership. They were going to replace the CV Joint but they just gave it a bit of oil and the problem's solved! Now i turn in peace, no more ticking sound!!

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

actually na ur problem doesnt sound like a cv, cause a cv joint will only click when its on full lock of the steering wheel or going over a speed bump. which was my case. Theres other posts about this sort of problem on this forum though if you take some time to browse. but mine was covered under warranty
    Current Mods

Cobb Accessport 2XS SRI Protege TIP COBB Tuning Downpipe COBB Catback Exhaust HDI GT2 Pro FMIC HKS SSQ CPE ByPass Valve Autotech Fuel Pump DGR Coilovers Remsa Brake Pads TRW Brake Disks 2XS Short Shift Plate CPE Rear Engine Mount (75 Duro) Defi Boost Gauge JBarone Heavy Gear Knob JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps Mugen Weather Shields Kumho KU31 225/40R18 6000K HID Kit for Low Beam + Fogs COBB Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Denso ITV22