User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Reduction Guide

Default Weight Reduction Guide

Here is a weight reduction guide for our cars OFFICIAL WEIGHT REDUCTION THREAD (MS6) - Mazdaspeed Forums
    A very big thank you to the guy's from the mazdaspeed forum's their hard work in compiling the info on our cars is truly a tremendous feat
    i am also going to start weighing everything i change on my car if anyone else want to chime in with something they have weighed feel free to and i will post it in the OP, Must have original part weight in grams or if >1000g use kg and new part weight if applicable

Stock Shifter bushing's = 95.32g
    Sure Anchor's (shifter bushings) = 54.79g

AWR Racing engine mount kit (70 duro)= 4.2kg
    stock mounts engine mounts = 4.8kg

Turbine Tech Forward rear diff mount (including bolts) = 2.6kg
    stock forward rear diff mount = ??? anyone help?? @MadAussie do you still have your stock diff mounts laying around???

Spc ball joints = coming in mail will update soon
    stock ball joints =

led Tail lights = will weigh tomorrow
    Stock tail lights = will weight tomorrow

Stock rack end's + tie rod's = 2.1kg
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 26-06-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

enter calorie deficit... maintain calorie deficit .. 6 weeks later car = 10kg lighter haha

Interesting facts

@ calorie deficit, myself, weighing in at 55kgs - 60kgs on a good day, i dont think i can afford to lose any weight :P

Where is the dedication...can always take a limb or two off lol

Got a stuffed leg already, not prepared to sacrifice limbs :P

that dude I forgot his name with the orange wheels managed sub 3000lb so => 1363kg.. will need to be done once I decide to gut out the whole interior out hehehe

yeah it would be huge improvement on stock

Seems like sub 3000 is literally stripping everything out but the front seats hahah, can anyone say resale?

i've got a few lightening parts in the works including a aluminium front sub frame and radiator support that should help with the weight a lot

When ur fat like me a dump can weigh 3 kgs

Noticed that the stock springs and struts weighed a lot more then the coilovers i got, and the stock exhaust is a fair bit heavier then the 3" Corksport.

I would love to be able to reach sub 1400kgs without taking out anything from the interior...

I wonder how much it would be to carbon fibre the ****er up!!

roughly $1000 per item bonnet and boot lid

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

you can get a carbon fiber interior roof skin to i know i saw it on ebay at some time

i know on the bonnet if you get a vsII from sebion carbon fibre you save 22lb i think its even more on the boot lid they make 24lb i think you save

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

thats 20kg's right there + single exit exhaust you save almost 10kg all the under body heat shields +useless front grill ducting and engine heat shields = 4.5kg, you could go crazy with the carbon fiber and get you front and rear bumpers redone + the front fenders because really the rears of our cars arent that heavy its the front where the weight is
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    i know on the bonnet if you get a vsII from sebion carbon fibre you save 22lb i think its even more on the boot lid they make 24lb i think you save

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

thats 20kg's right there + single exit exhaust you save almost 10kg all the under body heat shields +useless front grill ducting and engine heat shields = 4.5kg, you could go crazy with the carbon fiber and get you front and rear bumpers redone + the front fenders because really the rears of our cars arent that heavy its the front where the weight is
    It really does cost a lot to change all these things tho... Like in order to save 50kgs you would have to spend like $4000 , just doesn't seem worth it for 50kgs...

EDIT : here's a good one
    Replace the battery tray with the aftermarket one and save almost 12kg! I can't believe Mazda even put in such a heavy tray!
    Last edited by Rayd; 31-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Strip all the rear seats and rear plastics/interior parts remove everything in boot and all sound deadening. Tool kit and spare tyre. Air con and audio would be next If you want to go that extreme.

no one ever said modifying a car was cheap and im keeping my mps until either i crash it or it dies of old age

i have the best solution to your weight reduction needs!!! buy one of these haha

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...owbar-kit.html

i reckon the max you could get an mps 6 down to would be 1300kg thats with everything out spartan cockpit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast