User Tag List

Thread: Changing Cartridge filter to Screw in filter

Default Changing Cartridge filter to Screw in filter

Hey guys i currently have an MPS 3 and im looking at changing the oil filter from a cartridge to a screw in filter does anyone know what work is involved, cost, etc...

Also has anyone done it and is there any good or bad from changing it?...

I have had a look around on the net but cant seem to find the right details any help with this would be great

Maybe edgeautosport have these and could do a group buy for interested parties. I wouldn't mind changing over.

Hey guys I have done the install my self and it is a relatively easy process and you should beable to the works yourself. I ordered all parts from streetunit.com, which containted relvant isntructions etc. Very easy and fast process.

Spin-On Oil Filter Conversion Kit: MS6, MS3 & CX7

Considerations
    1.This is benificial if you are going to install an oil pressure gauge. ( Is there any benifit changing from cartidge to Screw in??) you will also need to purchase another plate should you wish to install oil pressure gauge
    2. As I also have an oil pressure gauge, I have noticed; when my car is getting close or due to service, due to lower oil levels, my gauge will beep at me when the car is accelerating hard or going around corners fast. Obviously its great warning for me to top up oil if required. However I am unsure if this additional plate causes flow or pumping issues
    3. Upon installation you will notice that the screw in type sits quite low, concern being if you are stupid enough to hit something hard enough at the front end may cause damamge to it. ( so far 1.5 years mines been fine)

Hope this helps

+1 installed one myself after getting the kit from PG many years ago. Also added a fumoto oil drain valve

it's just the oil fitler kit from the 2.0s and 2.5s. you can even buy the parts from mazda themselves.

has anyone purchased direct from mazda? given that it's a mazda oem part?