User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MPS 3 v 6 - How do they compare?

Why do all of these types of posts end up becoming a pissing contest.

Get over it all of you. Enjoy your damned cars and have an end to it

The simple question was asked; "3 vs 6 how do they compare". The answer: they cannot be compared. Drive both and decide which you like better.

Christ.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 11-06-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    @Speed3 none of those comparos are valid IMO, cause all of them are comparing RWD to AWD

This is a fwd vs AWD discussion...
    IMO, the best comparison you can make is the GTI vs golf R

Gti pirelli edition 127kw/tonne low 6s to 60mph
    Golf R 125kw/tonne, mid 5's to 60mph
    Exactly. No one said anything about rwd. We are talking about fwd vs AWD.

I'd place myself above an average driver but by no means a racing car drivers, that said journos are hardly rated higher and only have cars for a few hours.

I love my three, hence the mods in my sig. But launch it properly (which is just as hard as the three) and no way will fwd win. Sorry.
    The issue isn't weight or power, it's grip.
    The three cannot launch hard without spinning. These days with semis and 20% throttle in second I spin, less in first - while the six has been 100% since launch.

Anyway this is pointless since Speed3 knows everything and other multiple owners know nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 11-06-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Why do all of these types of posts end up becoming a pissing contest.

Get over it all of you. Enjoy your damned cars and have an end to it

The simple question was asked; "3 vs 6 how do they compare". The answer: they cannot be compared. Drive both and decide which you like better.

Christ.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    over and over
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Loud noises

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    @Speed3 none of those comparos are valid IMO, cause all of them are comparing RWD to AWD

This is a fwd vs AWD discussion...
    IMO, the best comparison you can make is the GTI vs golf R

Gti pirelli edition 127kw/tonne low 6s to 60mph
    Golf R 125kw/tonne, mid 5's to 60mph
    True, but most manufacturers don't do the exact same car in FWD and AWD... the 3 and 6 aren't even the exact same car.

The closest thing at the moment would be GTI Edition 35 MkVI (173kW @ 1380kg) vs Golf R MkVI (188kW @ 1476kg). The ED35 is @ 125kW/tonne while the R is at 127kW/tonne. Most comparisons I look up though, use the 199kW EU-spec Golf R which gives it an advantage of 26kW more power and 50Nm more torque in EU spec so it skews it. Golf R vs Scirocco R though, the Scirocco is faster, and its FWD.

VW Golf R vs VW Scirocco R - FastestLaps.com

But that's skewed again, because the lightweight coupe body of the Scirocco gives it an unfair advantage against the full-size Golf.

I tried to choose cars that are completely identical except one is AWD and one isn't, can't think of any FWDs off the top of my head that are available in both layouts otherwise unchanged. Well I can, but not really performance cars... I guess we could compare an Audi A6 2.8 Quattro vs Audi A6 2.8 FWD... lol...
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    AWD doesn't automatically make cars better, it makes them easier to drive for the average punter and more suitable to certain conditions, only one of which is encountered in Australian major cities - rain.
    Seriously?

I live in a major Australian city and within 5 minutes drive of my house I can find gravel roads, mud roads, sand, wet grass (every day driving up and down off my front lawn), slipery concrete (ever driven around a boat ramp area, not into fishing?).

Hell, the back road to my old job covered several types sealed road, gravel, sand and dirt/mud with rocks in it...

Just yesterday I had it in the paddock we were riding in... the Falcodore drivers were worried about getting themselves bogged...

Dropping the daughter at school... The soccer mums in their SUVs stop short and let the kids walk through the mud... I drive through the mud and let her out at the gate... :-D

Never encountered a spill of sand or gravel mid corner?

Never wanted to go to the snow?

Never had the front end of your car taken out by an understeering P plater who can't handle his FWD? At least in a RWD he'd have hit the wall not me...

However once you master lift-off oversteer, FWD can be a whole handful of fun!

Chris.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    I tried to choose cars that are completely identical except one is AWD and one isn't, can't think of any FWDs off the top of my head that are available in both layouts otherwise unchanged. Well I can, but not really performance cars... I guess we could compare an Audi A6 2.8 Quattro vs Audi A6 2.8 FWD... lol...
    {BITCHY}That's cos most "performance cars" use the superior RWD or AWD layouts... {/BITCHY}

Any of the Subaru's? I have been under at least one that was FWD, not AWD...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Can't do Heli's in a Mazda 3, but you can still play handbrake+ maccas trays in a 6.

GOAL 6

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234