User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS Idle Issue (ive checked a few things)

1. Question Mazda 6 MPS Idle Issue (ive checked a few things)

Hello All,

I am having some idle problems and was hoping you all could help

I have a stock MPS 6 and a few weeks ago it started to idle rough,
    It doesn't stop if i start it up cold or if its warm at the traffic lights it still idles rough and has even stalled a few times

The car still drives great and doesn't miss a beat but idling is a different story lol

Here's what ive checked and done with no change

- plugged in with no error codes showing (engine light has came on a couple of times but not while it was plugged in)
    - Changed plugs and gapped (NGK) with new engine oil (changed 2-3 weeks before the problem started)
    - Cleaned throttle body
    - checked for vacuum leaks (the best i could)
    - cleaned MAF sensor
    - checked stock BOV seal
    - new battery
    - swapped coil packs around and cleaned

Any help on what else i can check or any ideas on why its idling like a pig would be greatly appreciated

Oh i have read it could be a o2 sensor but if it was wouldnt the computer show it?

cheers

air filter clean ? got any way to data log idle ?

did you stretch the spark plug springs? sometimes they loose there springyness and can cause a rough idle?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    did you stretch the spark plug springs? sometimes they loose there springyness and can cause a rough idle?
    Spark plug springs ????? EH??? mine doesn't have springs are u talking about the spark gap?????

Clean your air filter and maf again and double check all your intake clamps are tight (intake and intercooler) as one letting in unwanted air will cause a rough idle

hope this helps

p.s on the off chance that u may have cracked your dump pipe this will cause a rough idle because the o2 sensors arent reading properly and the computer wont show it, it didn't on mine
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

The spring is here:

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    Spark plug springs ????? EH??? mine doesn't have springs are u talking about the spark gap?????

Clean your air filter and maf again and double check all your intake clamps are tight (intake and intercooler) as one letting in unwanted air will cause a rough idle

hope this helps

p.s on the off chance that u may have cracked your dump pipe this will cause a rough idle because the o2 sensors arent reading properly and the computer wont show it, it didn't on mine
    abit clearer - ontop of the spark plugs there are the ingition coils in like a black housing , overtime they compress and loose electrical conductance so crack them open stretch them out like and put them back in

EDIT: lol kev beat me to it! thanks mate

What did you gap the plugs to? Could be shit in your intake manifold but that would be a last resort. Would've thought rough idle could be spark plugs.