User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gtx2867

1. Default Gtx2867

Hey guys we are proud to offer the new GTX2867r turbo from ATP that is a complete bolt on kit! It will come with all necessary banjo fittings and coolant lines to make this kit a complete drop in. We are having a special on these turbos at 1649.00 plus shipping . The only other thing you would need is a 3" inlet to make this bolt up to your intake!

Eric

I want!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

a 3" to 2.5" reducer would also allow you to retain a stock turbo aftermarket TIP

How's this compare to a BNR Stage 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    @Eric@edgeautosport.com @99GTT

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

6. Default

It out performs it on every level. They arnt even on the same level imo

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

This is the best turbo for a daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@edgeautosport.com View Post
    It out performs it on every level. They arnt even on the same level imo

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

This is the best turbo for a daily driver
    Really? Even though the BNR S3 has 2871 internals?

maybe a ball bearing too so another benefit.

maybe a ball bearing too so another benefit.
    That would be the reason I'd choose over BNR. The BNR is, in my mind, targetted as a daily driver mod designe to add power and torque while losing none of the responsiveness and drivability of the car as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    That would be the reason I'd choose over BNR. The BNR is, in my mind, targetted as a daily driver mod designe to add power and torque while losing none of the responsiveness and drivability of the car as a whole.
    The BNR is closer to stock look, bolt up. But the 2867 would still have the same DD ability, only will have better top end pull.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I will dare say the 2867 will have the same top end as the 3071 but with better bottom end
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

just consider this would it bolt up to stock headers and stock dp?? Obviously going to upgrade dp later.

Any issues with having this spool up so early in our rev range? Also i have no idea how to read the above graph, could someone more knowledgeable tell me ideal psi and how it would go in the higher rev range? and if possible extra flow over stock in %?

just consider this would it bolt up to stock headers and stock dp?? Obviously going to upgrade dp later.

Any issues with having this spool up so early in our rev range? Also i have no idea how to read the above graph, could someone more knowledgeable tell me ideal psi and how it would go in the higher rev range? and if possible extra flow over stock in %?
    Can do... hopefully have a post up later today

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

You dont have to worry about the spool time earlier in the rev, this can be tuned to hit boost later if needed.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    You dont have to worry about the spool time earlier in the rev, this can be tuned to hit boost later if needed.
    Exactly. The key improvement if you like in this turbo is its efficiency, meaning boost is achieved with less effort for almost any given rpm. A by product of this (really to do with the different internals) is that it is able to spool at lower rpm (cause less effort is required and overall spool time (at any rpm) should be quicker.

Think of it as having similar flow potential of a GT3071 with the "required effort" (spool rpm and spool time) characteristics similar to the stock K04.

On paper, sounds like a brilliant recipe for a daily driver turbo for our engines.

Think i might pick up one of these when my k04 chucks it in.

seems like a great alternative to the BNR S3, price difference isn't that much either!

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    seems like a great alternative to the BNR S3, price difference isn't that much either!

Yeah especially considering it seems like a better turbo just depends on what, needs to be changed over from the stock running gear.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

18. Default

You can use the ATP inlet as this turbo needs a 3" inlet You can always use the tip you have now with the correct coupler.. This turbo is also ball bearing not like the bnr which is only journal bearing. In my opinion this is the best turbo on the market for a daily driven car.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@edgeautosport.com View Post
    You can use the ATP inlet as this turbo needs a 3" inlet You can always use the tip you have now with the correct coupler.. This turbo is also ball bearing not like the bnr which is only journal bearing. In my opinion this is the best turbo on the market for a daily driven car.

This maybe a little bit of noob turbo question but would this turbo connect to the stock downpipe, and on your webpage you provide the turbo with different psi actuators, just wondering if anyone ever gets the 14psi or 8psi ones for the Mazda?
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Don't know about your DP question - but for the actuator, you want it to run as close to stock boost - so 14psi and use a boost controller to bleed off above that.

The less work the boost controller has to do, the better - it avoids issues like spiking and wastegate creep. Eg. If you chose the 8psi actuator, then you rely on the EBC to be bleeding off the other 6+psi.

Edge can correct me if i'm wrong.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast