User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gtx2867

3 port is very fiddly, your better off getting the stratified boost dial , so easy to tune in, it's literally stock boost tables, WGDC/BEC/LEC all stock plus you can keep the "boost by gear" option since it is 10x easier to load tune with stock tables

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    3 port is very fiddly, your better off getting the stratified boost dial , so easy to tune in, it's literally stock boost tables, WGDC/BEC/LEC all stock plus you can keep the "boost by gear" option since it is 10x easier to load tune with stock tables
    Thanks @rayd, I'll try with this first since I've bought it. Fairly confident something is not set-up right at the moment.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Thanks @rayd, I'll try with this first since I've bought it. Fairly confident something is not set-up right at the moment.
    Hope you have more luck than me and Sam, we both had to change our setup back to two port with the boost dial since our 3 port wasn't playing nice!

Btw hope you have upgraded your MAF housing, that Gtx will easily max out stock housing in cold weather!

I'd be happy to get 2-port working well but at the moment that isn't working either. Wasn't planning on boosting that high to need to upgrade the MAF housing.

That means new intake ($). If it does become an issue I'll have to address is when time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I'd be happy to get 2-port working well but at the moment that isn't working either. Wasn't planning on boosting that high to need to upgrade the MAF housing.

That means new intake ($). If it does become an issue I'll have to address is when time comes.
    shit, stop that immediately...
    2 port mode in a EBC requires a T piece between the compressor housing and wastegate... with the other one going to TIP, no wonder you're massively over boosting...
    these turbos are 3 port
    just pull it off the waste gate
    if you grab a stratified boost dial, you can run 2-port, else it's just not possible
    ie:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS+BD.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	14123

(MBC being an exception, it's designed for just running from compressor housing to waste gate actuator)
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 06-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'll reply to this when I get a chance. Thanks Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'll have a read of that tonight Samboy, thanks bud!

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

This is how I have mine hooked up

If you run 3-port you should also remove the restrictor pill, and you also don't block off any port because you could be blocking off the one that bleeds off pressure to regulate what the wastegate sees.

Let us know how you go mate.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Zoom zoom boom
    What do u think the stock motor can take without having to get rods?

250kw on a good tune a long time. 300kw start saving!

Firstly, MASSIVE thanks to everyone in this thread, I am very close to this point and am sucking up more info like a sponge for problems I may hit.

That question however is going to be highly tune dependant. Some dude in canada put half his motor out the oil pan running low boost just because it was really cold a month or so ago. Other people are pushing really big boost through them.
    If you keep the boost off lower down, make sure the load targets are not over the top, make sure you keep knock back as much as possible, then it is going to last longer at higher boost than if you push it harder at lower boost. Unfortunately there is no real solid answer to that question AFAIK, the platform is still too new.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy91 View Post
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    If you run 3-port you should also remove the restrictor pill, and you also don't block off any port because you could be blocking off the one that bleeds off pressure to regulate what the wastegate sees.

Let us know how you go mate.
    The restrictor pill applies to stock turbo I think. I don't have anything like that on my system now I believe. Yeah I'll let you guys know how I go!

M P S

restrictor pill is put in for big turbo's to keep using the stock boost controller, it can't handle the flow or some such like that

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy91 View Post
    From reading the blown engine resource thread on speed forums it does not take much for them to blow, heaps were just cruising and then boom.
    In my uneducated option any engines can blow even stock but if you keep your mods simple To I, DP, a get a good safe conseritave tune eg ECUtec and don't run big boost keep undr 18psi Should be ok.
    On speed forums lots of blown engines with big mods with big turbos running 18psi plus then boom, but not many on blown engine thread with custom tunes with all those big mods,lots untuned.Cant go past a good Tune.

The tune is the big thing, plenty of people have been running 400whp+ for 2+ years now... Cld12pk2go has a 500whp and 400ftlb (530NM) of torque from 3500-6500rpm, been running that for over a year now...

Low down torque and overly aggressive tunes cause engines to blow up... boost levels mean nothing... 20psi at 6500rpm is very different to 20psi at 2500rpm...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    The tune is the big thing, plenty of people have been running 400whp+ for 2+ years now... Cld12pk2go has a 500whp and 400ftlb (530NM) of torque from 3500-6500rpm, been running that for over a year now...

Low down torque and overly aggressive tunes cause engines to blow up... boost levels mean nothing... 20psi at 6500rpm is very different to 20psi at 2500rpm...
    Boost level mean something with stock K04,anything over 18psi pointless.

k04 has been run 22psi+ but not until redline, its ok to run this at low rpm and taper right off by redline

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    k04 has been run 22psi+ but not until redline, its ok to run this at low rpm and taper right off by redline
    Exactly thats what I'm seeing mid range. Can't wait till my GTX arrives.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast