User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gtx2867

I'm having issues with my GTX28R which is now installed. Not sure if it's tune, BCS, turbo or a combination of the above. Keep over boosting, hitting 20psi on about 35% throttle.
    Turbo did not appear to require any porting out, in fact looked the same as stock. Tried out the virtual dyno on the cobb while testing and although I can't hit full power (without over boosting) at about 30-40% throttle (keeping it under 20psi) I'm at 270HP at the wheels. She's more than capable of well over 300HP without trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Zoom zoom boom
    I know a guy who is running 408HP stock block, no issues

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

What's your tune like?
    If you zero out wgdc, and the comp tables, should only hit spring pressure

It sounds to me like she may need the pre-load on the wastegate dropped back a bit if she is coming on that hard that soon? (I assume Dan is helping you with the tune and hence any issues that end are noticed).
    Either that or the grimm operating as a 2 port could be another issue.
    I have just booked Friday off so I should be able to catch up with you / hit the same problems shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I'm having issues with my GTX28R which is now installed. Not sure if it's tune, BCS, turbo or a combination of the above. Keep over boosting, hitting 20psi on about 35% throttle.
    Turbo did not appear to require any porting out, in fact looked the same as stock. Tried out the virtual dyno on the cobb while testing and although I can't hit full power (without over boosting) at about 30-40% throttle (keeping it under 20psi) I'm at 270HP at the wheels. She's more than capable of well over 300HP without trying.

- - - Updated - - -

I know a guy who is running 408HP stock block, no issues
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    What's your tune like?
    If you zero out wgdc, and the comp tables, should only hit spring pressure
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    It sounds to me like she may need the pre-load on the wastegate dropped back a bit if she is coming on that hard that soon? (I assume Dan is helping you with the tune and hence any issues that end are noticed).
    Either that or the grimm operating as a 2 port could be another issue.
    I have just booked Friday off so I should be able to catch up with you / hit the same problems shortly.
    On stock tune now after some significant issues on the weekend. When I did run the tune WGDC was at 10%. The Grimmspeed EBC is confusing, according to manufacturer it requires to be set up one way, according to the mechanic it was set-up another, according to forum folk on mazdaspeed forums there's a few other options, to make it worse my mechanic has my compressor housing nipple (fitting) so I need to head back to Malaga after work to pick it up.
    @SarcasticOne, when I was on tune, WGDC was at 10%. Also confused by some tables as fuel cut was set around 18psi I think, but I'm hitting 20psi. Perhaps wrong table is set

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

When I get home I'll open up ATR and look at some tables and write a post for you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When I get home I'll open up ATR and look at some tables and write a post for you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks mate, I still think the BCS needs to be set up correctly but I should have the means to do than in 3-port mode once I pick up the part I need

This:

M P S

For the moment, just pull the connection off the waste gate, that'll limit you to spring pressure (guessing 14psi or there abouts)

For the moment, just pull the connection off the waste gate, that'll limit you to spring pressure (guessing 14psi or there abouts)
    Yep, the spring pressure is set at 14psi. I can try that later.

M P S

Yeah it sounds like you are not bleeding off any boost so your Grimmspeed might not be connected correctly. Agree with Sam, just run off spring pressure until someone can check out your Grimm. It should be connected as the manufacturer says, not how people think it should be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Yeah it sounds like you are not bleeding off any boost so your Grimmspeed might not be connected correctly. Agree with Sam, just run off spring pressure until someone can check out your Grimm. It should be connected as the manufacturer says, not how people think it should be connected.
    Agreed it should be connected as per manufacturers spec, however with people owning and running one (supposedly correctly) I thought I could set up mine similar. The manufacturer instructions could do with a little work, mentions nothing of blanking (for the purpose of operation or simply to keep dust/debris out) one port. If I need to connect it as per manu-spec I'll need to flip the BCS. Makes no sense and doesn't look right running a port on the right to a service on the left and vice versa. Cheers for your input though, much appreciated!

M P S

Is it a 3 port BCS? They are fairly easy to test. Strange if you've set it up the same as another and it doesn't work. As for the VTA outlet, I did not worry about mine on the Evo as it bleeds off air too frequently for anything to go in.

Yes, it's a grimmspeed 3-port BCS. Maybe I should drop WGDC to 0 (from 10%)

If it is connected incorrect then there will still be no change........good way to find out.

Failing the above you could try reducing your WGDC 10-15% and then adjust it as you hit your targets
    I may have to do this as I am overboosting and getting 'cold weather cut' going back to this stage 2 map

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Failing the above you could try reducing your WGDC 10-15% and then adjust it as you hit your targets
    I may have to do this as I am overboosting and getting 'cold weather cut' going back to this stage 2 map
    He is on 10% already, hence he wants to go to 0%
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

What's your wgdc tables look like? eg
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/...ec4e36f5_z.jpg

I don't have ATR installed or anything but as a quick MSpaint edit, my table looks something like this

In that case yeah I guess try reducing it some more, I would've thought the EBC would keep that in check

I've only got 10% left to play with! At which point I'm still getting 20psi on part throttle. Maybe port one/two need to be switched as it's currently running opposite. Would like to get 2 port mode running correctly or at least figure out the correct set-up and if the third port needs to be blanked or not (like people suggest/don't suggest) then maybe if required run in 3-port mode.

How many are running a restrictor pill. I'd never heard about it until a few weeks ago, necessary?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast