User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Targa Tassie 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    + 1

Shame about the RS250 crashing out. Was looking forward to some bragging rights over a mate at work who just bought one.
    Well clearly the MPS is better at staying on the black stuff. The RS250 got so scared it surrendered and leapt off the road?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

+ 1

Shame about the RS250 crashing out. Was looking forward to some bragging rights over a mate at work who just bought one.
    You can still brag @Jamesa2z
    The MPS was flogging the Renault up until it crashed anyway.

Good points @Caffeine Fiend and @Reedy.

Let the ridicule begin! Especially seeing as he 'upgraded' from a MkV Golf - What was the point??

Driver mod ftw

Driver mod is an understatement, good few years of development and experience in targa for Mazda and one of the best Aussie rally drivers and co-driver.

Still, proves that with the right person behind the wheel and a few basic mods, the mps is under rated and can punch well above its weight.

Now all Mazda need to do is market the thing a bit better.
    Limited edition yellow with black rims targa edition would be a nice start.

Good points @Caffeine Fiend and @Reedy.

Let the ridicule begin! Especially seeing as he 'upgraded' from a MkV Golf - What was the point??
    *whispers* I actually quite like the Renault but keep that to yourself

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Apparently there was a golf R running the R36 V6 with twin turbos that was meant to be an absolute weapon... Not sure what happened to it

Oh man ! You should beg your tits off to get your mate to let you take the megane for a spin ! Then let us know what you think.

I have recently developed quite an interest in the megane. It appears to be quite the reputation raper - except it seems to be getting more press than the MPS ever has or probably will, for doing the same (or similar) thing (ie slaying giants and denting egos).

Quote Originally Posted by MPS190 View Post
    Oh man ! You should beg your tits off to get your mate to let you take the megane for a spin ! Then let us know what you think.

I have recently developed quite an interest in the megane. It appears to be quite the reputation raper - except it seems to be getting more press than the MPS ever has or probably will, for doing the same (or similar) thing (ie slaying giants and denting egos).
    I've been in the megane during a test drive once (wasn't the driver, but went along for the ride with a mate). The salesman knew how to really drive it on the edge and showed off the front end grip and the brakes. Power wise I still thought the MPS had it over the Megane in stock form though.

Would be great to get into the driver's seat of my mate's one and see what it can do first hand. I'll start putting the idea forward for a swap over with him later this week.

Bring on 2014 if all goes to plan Col and I will enter Targa....

Megane will always kill the MPS in acceleration its just so much more planted and the gearbox is quicker shifting and engine feels so stable in the car. Practicality wise and power wise though the MPS is better.

euro, nuff said.

Mazda is Japans Alfa'romeo heart and soul (not the best cars good feeling cars). Sure there are nicer cars or faster but mazda always do little cars that feel sporty and fun..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12