User Tag List

Thread: MPS 3 Full beam indicator on dash not working

1. Angry MPS 3 Full beam indicator on dash not working

So guys,

Have just bought a 3 MPS and am over the moon with the car.

I have owned VAG Groups cars all my life and was skeptical about moving away to A Jap Car.

Anyway aside from all the Pro's i have found one defect and to most it wouldn't matter but it F$%king drives me mad.

Both Hi Beam bulbs are working but when the full beam are on there is no warning light on the dash to say so.

Needless to say a few rude gestures and flashed lights have followed. Any ideas on how i can get this fixed?

Eddie

Depends if it's a dud globe or wiring fault. Your local Mazda dealer is the place to go unless you want to try your hand at pulling your dashboard apart.

If its within warranty, throw it back at Mazda, otherwise it could be the LED in the dash cluster, which could be an expensive little exercise to fix.

4. Default

Well have been to mazda. Mazda have said that its a sealed unit which i assume means that it must be an LED Fault.

Taking the clocks out is not a worry for me. This has been done many times on previous cars and does not phase me.

I think i need to find out which LED i need and i will just take it apart a solder the replacement in. Question is who can spec such a small part?

So I take it your out of warranty then ?

Do some searching around some of the US forums, a few guys over there have done full dash LED replacements

6. Default

The car is 6 Years old so i would assume that it wouldn't be in warranty.

I am not sure I want to do a full dash conversion although the blue and white one i have seen looks f'ing cool.

I really need to find a supplier for the LED or a good GC Auto Electrician to fix it.