User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodgey EcuTek tune?

OK I found MACCA 60ft' 2.352 14.149@101.44 STOCK, Andy d BAZ Mods CPE TMIC, ECUTEK TUNE (AUTOTECH ENGINEERING) 60ft 2.074 13.539@103.539. Not sure if Andy D baz is a gen 2 but thats what I would be aiming for.

Mind you if you take off .2 on my 60ft it would take me around 13.7 currently. By the way I dont have a TIP but that shouldnt be that much different on 1/4 mile.

Brett has contacted me direct and we will be working on my vehicle to see whats up next month. Its welcoming that he is not running and hiding but willing to find out what the issue is. I'll be waiting in anticipation to see the diference of the hub dyno with my own eyes. Will let you guys know what ends up happening.

After this entire process I will be going back to the track to see if there is any improvement or not. I will post times and give feedback. Thats what this forum is for to ensure we help one another and share experiences and information. Unlike other forums where they bag each other and constantly talk crap.

Oh i can't wait
    Would love to have mine dyno'd on a hub dyno to see if there any different results

Well done Brett happy to see customer service is still alive an well. Shows professionalism and confidence in your product

Hope everything goes well

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYMPS View Post
    I dont think dynos are always the be all and end all however was very surprized at the results. I want to ask all the gen 2 owners out there what is the best 1/4 you have done to compare with my vehicle. I dont give a shit about bragging rights. I am one who wants to get the most out of what I currently have. Please be honest with your replies and PM me if you have to.

As stated before my best time is 14.1@103.77 With a 2,2 60 ft. If my tune gets a better power curve and output and my car goes backwards at the 1/4 I would prefer to keep it the way it is. I dont think this will happen but I am putting it out there anyway.
    There is a drag racing thread for this. please dont hijack
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Ok i no expert, but the Gen 2 has longer 4th, 5th, 6th, ratios yeah? Meaning that for a GEN 2 it should be run in 4th.

Above i was talking about my Gen 1 where 5th is a little shorter and there isn't basically any major difference +/- in the ratios from 4th and 5th

Also guys in Melbourne just keep asking HP-F about there tune for the Gen 2 cause they are close to getting it spot on I know there is a car there atm Gen 2 that is about to hit 200kwatw if not just hit it last week. With all the goodies expect new turbo, and dont think that 200 is average for the mods on the car it about a 20 - 25% power gain over stock on there dyno.

If you want proof that there Mazedit Software is worth it and there a reliable tuner, i can also post up some photos showing nm, kw and psi.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Good to hear Bakis. All we want is a chance to get our cars tuned locally and at full potential. Is that a picky back style tune?

Nah, its a full custom flash of the ECU with the Mazedit software they use, i think there is an extra cost for the Gen 2 over the Gen 1 since there needs to be extra modifications made to the ECU to load the software. Might be called Ezy-Flash.

They do alot of MPS's now not just 3's either with a tune you would be looking at about 175-180fwkw for a Gen 1, which is about a 15% -/+ gain. And it is done without overkilling boost either, from memory im at 190fwkw with about 18psi in the mid range and then 17psi above 5,000 rpm.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Nah, its a full custom flash of the ECU with the Mazedit software they use, i think there is an extra cost for the Gen 2 over the Gen 1 since there needs to be extra modifications made to the ECU to load the software. Might be called Ezy-Flash.

They do alot of MPS's now not just 3's either with a tune you would be looking at about 175-180fwkw for a Gen 1, which is about a 15% -/+ gain. And it is done without overkilling boost either, from memory im at 190fwkw with about 18psi in the mid range and then 17psi above 5,000 rpm.
    Whats the cost for a Gen1 tune?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

$990 for software and tune, then about $200 for re-tunes if you do more mods.

Edit

End results of the resolution of this tune have been lodged here

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13286

Thanks

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12