User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those wondering about corksport air box...

Default Corksport airbox with SURE SRI installed mini review

Yes! It fits the SURE intake.. I'm sure most others would also fit. Although extremely tight. The lid isn't fitted in the photo but it fits snug over the top down to the front light. I mainly wanted this as I have an aftermarket ic as well as the engine bay gets damn hot, my Sri would be very hot after a decent drive before.

Install time: Depends on your Sri, most of my time was spent getting it in there and then getting the maf housing in and attached. Since the SURE maf pipe does not fit perfectly straight through the hole in the airbox I had to maneuver it around to get the pipe through and hence it touches the side of the airbox hole. I'd allow half an hour.

Sound: Sounds no different to me, no quiter or louder than without the box.

Price: About $150 delivered from **** (dont hate me) or about the same direct from Corksport themselves.

Performance: I don't know as I haven't measured temperatures but it's meant to be around 10-20 degrees cooler iat. The gap to the right of the Sri leads straight to the wheel well so it's pulling cold air in through there rather than from the engine/radiator etc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334463318.443509.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	10780
    Last edited by dazza; 16-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

and how much was it?

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    and how much was it?
    Updated first post.

Wonder if this would fit with my (still too be installed) COBB Sri...

Chris.

there is a box that corksport makes that specifically fits the cobb intake

I also want to get the box for the Cobb sf pod...looks good btw!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ive got one in my car, works a treat, and it all bolts up to the existing Cobb SF bracket, also clears my cp-e FMIC plumbing which is a bonus, as most airboxes arent compatible with FMIC's

Will this fit the MZR SRI?

hmmm, looks easy if you are into makin it yourself, else it is a cheap price if you ask me. Good luck with it. hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    there is a box that corksport makes that specifically fits the cobb intake
    Can't seem to find it on their website :-(

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Can't seem to find it on their website :-(

Sent from my iPhone
    CORKSPORT 'Power Series' Cold Air Box For The COBB SF System

Cheers, thanks for that... only looked under MS6 intakes, wonder if it'll fit the 6!

Sent from my iPhone
    Ezy-Flash Pro - GTX2867R - NPC Clutch/Solid State flywheel - Autotech Fuel Pump Internals - ATP 3" TIP - Cobb SRI - NGK Plugs - CPE FMIC - 2XS Dump Pipe/100 Cel Cat - 3" Custom CatBack Exhaust - TRMotorsport MT1 18x8.5's -Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/18 - DBA Slotted Rottors - Remsa Pads - 60mm Boost Gauge in middle vent - Bilstein B8 - Kings - Turbosmart BOV - emblemless front grill - debadged rear - 2WD Switch

will that fit on a gen 2?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsnoob View Post
    will that fit on a gen 2?
    That one is for Gen 1. Just had a quick look through the website and the only one listed for Gen 2 is for the corksport setup
    Metro Grey '08 MPS Sports - Cobb SF SRI - 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF-1 - 245/40 Yoko AD08s - 163fwkw on Tunehouse Dyno

Darren, do u plan on taking some temperatures? I'd be interested in the results..

This may complete the final piece of my intake puzzle... thanks dazza

Quote Originally Posted by ppham View Post
    Darren, do u plan on taking some temperatures? I'd be interested in the results..
    Yeah Ill do a before and after once I get the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Cheers, thanks for that... only looked under MS6 intakes, wonder if it'll fit the 6!

Sent from my iPhone
    The one designed for the COBB, will not work for your car. It is specific to the Gen1 MS3. What intake do you have? We have an airbox for our SRI and may fit others. Then Airbox that works for the MS6 is our THIS ONE.

Hi Tyler,

I have the Cobb Tuning SF Intake for MS6 waiting to go in. Does your box accommodate this SRI? Also it states that it is only for the 2006 models, I have a 2007, do you sell the part you state on your website is required to fit to the 2006 model?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    That one is for Gen 1. Just had a quick look through the website and the only one listed for Gen 2 is for the corksport setup
    So do you think the GenII version should fit with a Sure Aeros?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast