User Tag List

Thread: New Adelaidian here

Default New Adelaidian here

hey guys,

a couple of weeks ago I bought my second car, a lovely shiny black 2005 Mazda 6 MPS with leather interior and Bose sound system, needless to say I am now in love with it and is quite a step up from my last car, a nice 97 Honda Prelude VTiR, which, regardless of people's opinions of Hondas and people who drive them, is an amazing car and I don't think I could have asked for anything better as my first car, but this isn't a Honda forum anyways, I'm 20 years old, from Adelaide and I thought I'd join this forum to see if I can learn a bit more about my car and what I can do to it to get the most out of it, I did join OzMazdaClub, but i thought it would be better to join a more MPS specific forum to get better info and more detailed explanations of things and how they work :P I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable on the engine side of things either, so sorry for any n00b questions regarding engines in advance, but I will be looking to get more out of the engine and will be looking for advice on what to do and things to look out for before i go doing something and completely wreck the engine, but I won't be pouring heaps of money into it each month and turning it into a 700+ HP monster, lol. Being the second owner of it, it's completely stock at the moment, but I've since ordered a set of king springs for it to lower it a bit as the car is a bit high and the gap between the tire and fender is way too big for my likings, I have plans to upgrade the exhaust and air intake system as I've heard these are pretty beneficial for the 6 MPS, but we'll see how we go and how I am with money :P

I'm not too sure what else to say about myself or my car at the moment, so, I'm open for any questions from you guys if you wanna know more about me, I'm sure you'll see me kicking around the forums a bit, I'm a bit shy to start with, but I'm sure after a while you'll see me jumping in conversations trying to add helpful input for people looking forward to being a part of the forum!

2. Default

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome,pretty new myself and you will happy as this is a pretty friendly forum.

you've joined at a good time, exciting things are happening on this platform ATM

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thanks guys i'm really liking this forum, loads of threads! OzMazda didn't seem to have alot happening... especially in the MPS sections, i didn't even get so much as a "hi" in my introduction thread in over 3 days :/ and alot of people there seem to be more focused on being anal drivers abiding to every little rule in the book... someone there asked how the blind spot sensors worked and every response, except mine with an educated guess on how it works, was about how you should check your blind spot and set up your mirrors... this place is much better, more involved, lots of builds and the detailing section is awesome, especially the "Dan's Garage" threads... makes me wanna get my car detailed like that! i think i'll stick around for a while lots of info here that's hard to find elsewhere!

Dans Garage, same lighting specifications as NASA module build facility

Welcome by the way. Ask the noob questions, we all have. They suggest using the search function, which I'm guessing you already have.

At 20, you own a turbo? That's pretty cool man. Just watch out for the median strip. These cars tend to want to rub them a little ;P

haha, yeah, i know how to use the search function :P i'm not new to forums, i know how annoyed people get when new members ask the same question over and over :P

haha, yeah, i know, pretty lucky, though i know a few others who have turbo cars who are about my age insurance is a bitch though... would you believe i'm still a P plater too? :P only cause i was a naughty boy once... nearly lost my licence for 6 months for going 25km over the limit in a 50 zone 2 years ago (handy hint: never drive when you're pissed off)... that taught me pretty well... i can finally get my P2's in July, which isn't really a big deal and i can wait, but i've had my P's well before those new laws came in so i'm legally allowed to drive a turbo charged car
    Last edited by Baz; 12-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Hi and Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    .... and the detailing section is awesome, especially the "Dan's Garage" threads... makes me wanna get my car detailed like that!
    Heheheh cheers. I'm glad I have an affect

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Dans Garage, same lighting specifications as NASA module build facility
    So can I say it's genuinely rocket science then?
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now