User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS: kmh001 is for sale

Thanks everyone and thanks for the offer Stef, I'll let you know if I eventually go that way.

I'm a little reluctant to reveal what I'm getting next because I'm moving away from high performance for a while, so I probably should explain myself. We've been mulling it over for quite a while and we've been compelled to conclude that our lifestyle requires a wagon to transport our dogs and moderate off-road capability because we live in the bush and spend most weekends at a private airfield at the end of an unsealed road. However I'm not a fan of the SUV format because I investigate too many SUV roll overs at work and my work car is a Kluger that has the driving dynamics of an arm chair. So that led us to the Volvo XC70 which is essentially an AWD station wagon with car-like dynamics and slightly better ground clearance. It also has a proper cargo space in the back which is difficult to find these days. The Subaru Outback might have been a contender if it wasn't so ugly. Seriously considered the V60 T6 R design, but I'm going to try and be Mr Conservative. Let's see how long that lasts.

Gone to Volvo

Volvo XC70 is a good choice, Mal. Less thirsty than the XC90.

My aunty has a new gen XC70 and it doesn't drive as well as it's car origins should suggest. Probably because the s80 it's based off drives a bit like a boat and it has looser suspension than that. Full marks for the interior though, really nice seats and good space.

True, the XC70 is no MPS and drives a bit like a boat, but at least it's a cruiser. Compared to my Kluger which exhibits more reluctance to change direction than a super tanker the Volvo handles nicely. True also about the seats, Volvos are said to have the most comfortable seats in the automotive world and based on our short test dives that seems to be accurate.

All the best with the sale Mal.

I can feel a farewell cruise coming on.

A farewell cruise would be fun Pete. Let's do something after this long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    A farewell cruise would be fun Pete. Let's do something after this long weekend.
    That sounds like a good idea. If I'm around I'll try and attend.

Enjoy the new car Mal, nothing wrong with XC70 though when you need the performance buzz you could go for a quick flight. Take care and may see you soon
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Default Re: Mazda 6 MPS: kmh001 is for sale

Someone buy this!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If i could sell my VZ SSZ quickly id buy this in a heartbeat! Would definately look good with my SINSTR6 plates on it =D

Last day of MPS ownership for me today. Traded on a new XC70 Technik.

I have a few things left over which I will post up for sale later including Hyperflow TMIC, Hyperflow SRI with new air filter, Dashhawk, ipod connector, Rola roof racks, Corksport front shock brace.

I'm keen on some of those bits. let me know and we can work something out.

Cheers Pete

P.s- those Volvos are v-nice. My Mate has one and loves it.

Hey Mal, good to hear you've found some new wheels, though sad to see the MPS go to a dealer. However, very nice Wagon.

Is this the one on gumtree? made me sad when i saw it...

Would be well keen for the front strut brace if the price is right.

Thanks for doing that car though, your's inspired me to get one over the other options I was considering.

Yeah that's mine. Was wondering where it was going to show up. Nice car hey?

Certainly is, was hoping they would put a front shot so I could see the front shots. a hell of a lot of car for the money they are asking

Remaining MPS parts for sale. I'm giving first dibs to Ozmps members before placing them on Gumtree. Open to sensible offers.

Item: Hyperflow TMIC
    Item Condition: Good condition, fins undamaged.
    Reason for selling: Car sold.
    Price and price conditions: SOLD
    Extra Info: Made in Australia using the highest quality core available. Save hundreds on new price. I was involved in the development of the Hyperflow TMIC. It is specifically designed to reduce thermal inertia and to pass more cooling air through the core. This TMIC works better than other brands which leave insufficient space for adequate cooling airflow.
    Pictures: Dont have a pic, see Hyperflow website. It's grey with a black surround.

Item: Hyperflow SRI
    Item Condition: Excellent condition, includes brand new air filter.
    Reason for selling: Car sold
    Extra Info: Precision machined in Australia from aluminium billet. Includes powder coated mounting bracket. New price $220.
    Pictures:SRI.jpg

Item: Dashhawk
    Item Condition: Excellent unblemished condition
    Price and price conditions: $250
    Extra Info: Purchased new from Australian retailer. Includes all original packaging and documentation. This works equally well on the Volvo so I'm inclined to keep it unless someone really wants it.
    Pictures:Dashhawk.jpg

Item: Corksport front shock brace
    Item Condition: Good condition
    Extra Info: Back to back testing will leave you in no doubt this brace makes the car feel better.
    Pictures:bar.jpg

Item: Xcarlink ipod connector
    Item Condition: good condition
    Price and price conditions: $60
    Extra Info: Plugs into back of audio unit and interfaces your ipod to the car's sound system. Keeps your ipod charged and keeps track of music position so it starts where it last stopped. You can control your ipod through the steering wheel controls. Also includes auxiliary input for other MP3 players, scanners, or anything with a 3.5mm socket.
    Pictures:

Item: Rola roof racks
    Item Condition: Excellent as-new condition
    Price and price conditions: $130
    Extra Info: Fits Mazda 6 sedan including MPS.
    Pictures:Rola racks.jpg
    Last edited by kmh001; 24-06-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Pm sent for xcarlink

I'll take the brace if it is available still? (I can come and pick it up, not sure what your schedule is like during the week but I should have time next weekend if that is more convenient for you?)

Some parts still available including Dashhawk, Xcarlink and Rola roof racks. I also have a high-mileage K04 turbo that was NOT smoking when removed.

How much would you be after for the turbo dude?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast