User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!White smoke from exhaust ~yes I read almost the similiar threads already

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!White smoke from exhaust ~yes I read almost the similiar threads already

ok this morning I went outfor 30 mins and came back home,
    while I was doing the reversing parking I found lots of white smoke coming out from the exhaust.
    turned off the car straight away, ran back to home and searched all the regarding white smoke threads.
    most of them seems like turbo seal. but some says it's other reason.
    omg I just bought this car 3 weeks ago and it's only on 21000 km. and I just drove this car for 100 km.
    and went down to garage after 1 hour and started the car again, was alright frist 5 mins.
    but after 5 mins it started white smoking again !!!!
    turned off the car, and send a msg to MRT Brett coz tuning coming in 2 days.
    asked him if he wanna see the car or I send back to Mazda ( haven't got the reply so far).
    after 5 hours, I went to start the car again.
    this time it started smoking straight away very bad..
    what have I done wrong.. I haven't even pushed the car hard yet....

it's something about the engine oil, coolant level..or just the turbo...?
    should I drive the car or towed it?
    I took some photos of the engine oil and coolant was little below the minimum. ( they look alright?)
    I didn't have chance to take the photoes when the smoke coming out. I was so scared just turned off the car straight away....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1296.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	10735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1297.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	10736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1298.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	10737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1299.JPG 
Views:	290 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	10738
    Last edited by 37371118; 09-04-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    MPS 3 GenII

is the coolant too low causes this problem?? I just hope it's not turbo

does it have any loss of power ?
    should still be under warranty just take it to Mazda.

If the smoke it that thick that you cant see out the back mirror it would most likely be a turbo seal. Back to mazda with it

oh no I am so pissed now !!!!

I just avoid idle for long time. Mine only does it if it gets left there for a long time, and so far it seems to have done the trick. I really really doubt it's the turbo seals, considering no gen 2s that i've currently read has had the issue. I know gen 1s have had that issue before and so gen 2s technically should have the new setups to avoid that problem. I seriously wouldn't worry too much about it. U can still drive it.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

U should also just ask Brett while your at it anyway to hear their thoughts. Keep us updated!
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

in the mean time, video it, to show mazda, then go and thrash it... this occasionally helps
    at idle, press accelerator gently to give you 1000rpm, this should stop it smoking

okok thanks guys, still waiting for Brett then will decide what to do.

GARRETT upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    I just avoid idle for long time. Mine only does it if it gets left there for a long time, and so far it seems to have done the trick. I really really doubt it's the turbo seals, considering no gen 2s that i've currently read has had the issue. I know gen 1s have had that issue before and so gen 2s technically should have the new setups to avoid that problem. I seriously wouldn't worry too much about it. U can still drive it.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

U should also just ask Brett while your at it anyway to hear their thoughts. Keep us updated!
    No no.
    That's how it starts.. It will go away and come back worse.
    Video and take to Mazda.
    Mine started like that to the point it would do it at the traffic lights.

Ptp pill fixed the issue for me but I did the turbo anyway.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

will still be covered by warranty if I got these mods already??
    I bought this car with these mods already on so I can't put the stock one back :'(
    Last edited by 37371118; 09-04-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    will still be covered by warranty if I got these mods already??
    I bought this car with these mods already on so I can't put the stock one back :'(
    would say so...
    if you bought it from a dealer, believe there is a 3-month "warranty" period whereby they are supposed to ensure nothing goes wrong, and are responsible for if it does...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

This HAS happened to gen 2's.
    If you are in the financial position to upgrade to a different turbo, it will be your best bet.
    If not, straight back to Mazda. I see your in Sydney. Call John at Tom Kerr Mazda Gladesville. Tell him your from the forum, he is very helpful.
    I had warranty work done with a DP so dont be scared about having an exhaust on the car.
    If It were me, BNR stage 3:

bnrsupercars.com
    BNR Stage 3 - Mazdaspeed Forums

Or one of these bad boys:

Mazdaspeed 3 - 2010- Gen2 - Turbo - Turbo Kit - EdgeAutosport.com

Also if your stressing about not having the stock parts. I have the stock downpipe, bov, airbox. maybe i could lend you.
    But i sure aint gonna fit the Downpipe! haha.
    Dont drive it far if you can get away with it. Cause you may throw oil all through your exhaust/intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    would say so...
    if you bought it from a dealer, believe there is a 3-month "warranty" period whereby they are supposed to ensure nothing goes wrong, and are responsible for if it does...
    I bought this car from private seller

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    If you are in the financial position to upgrade to a different turbo, it will be your best bet.
    If not, straight back to Mazda. I see your in Sydney. Call John at Tom Kerr Mazda Gladesville. Tell him your from the forum, he is very helpful.
    I had warranty work done with a DP so dont be scared about having an exhaust on the car.

bnrsupercars.com

Also if your stressing about not having the stock parts. I have the stock downpipe, bov, airbox. maybe i could lend you.
    Dont drive it far if you can get away with it. Cause you may throw oil all through your exhaust/intercooler.
    thanks man!!
    I will give John a call tomorrow, I did my old 3 service at tom kerr mazda as well.
    did your turbo blown as well??
    I just can't believe the turbo blown that early as it's only on 22000km :'(
    plus this is my first manual car so I didn't really drive fast~yet.....
    OR maybe it was my shit driving skill destroyed it??
    MPS 3 GenII

i've seen turbos go at only 16000 km depend's on how the first owner drove it

so how do you drive to break a turbo ??
    I am worried maybe it's me

Hey Cton not to pull your leg or anything but pretty sure on the same post i posted ages ago you said it shouldn't be too much of a worry Seems like now you changed your mind?? Anyways, mine hasn't really come back in a little while, i'm just gonna keep doing what i do until it really breaks, then upgrade to a different turbo

bnrsupercars.com

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

And can i just say for the record mine hasn't come back for a good few months now. At track day i even had it running on idle for long long time after coming back into the pits to cool down. No smoke. Although i'm starting to wonder....
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

^well it sounds like he is pouring out smoke. id sure be concerned with that.
    cant remember exactly what you said about your car. but it couldnt be too bad if your still going!

Some people do little bits of smoke now and then. I wouldnt panic about that.
    But if it looks like a smoke machine out the back, Id have a turbo in the mail! haha
    Last edited by Cton; 09-04-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Yea, i was starting to think if it is infact the same "case" encounter as me though.... Cause i don't just start the car up and automatically get smokey, that does seem kinda odd. Well my thread ages ago was about the white smoke as well except id only get it if i leave it on idle for like ages. But as say it heasn't really come back and i avoid leaving the car on idle for ages, saves petrol at the same time i guess. Still going strong so far can't seem to have any loss in power or any smoking when it comes on boost, only ocassionally spitting clouds. Did u have this issue as well? Or u just re-worked/ new turbo already?

^well it sounds like he is pouring out smoke. id sure be concerned with that.
    cant remember exactly what you said about your car. but it couldnt be too bad if your still going!
    Current:

^stock turbo still (33,000km) no issues yet...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast