User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!White smoke from exhaust ~yes I read almost the similiar threads already

I just read another article from mazdaspeed forum in the states. One man has his turbo blown as well , and some say just don't drive like an "asshole" and ur turbo will be safe. So any idea they said driving like an asshole is???

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    I just read another article from mazdaspeed forum in the states. One man has his turbo blown as well , and some say just don't drive like an "asshole" and ur turbo will be safe. So any idea they said driving like an asshole is???
    Please research more.
    It's either a pcv system issue or just the seals of it is infact the turbo.

It has nothing to do with driving style.
    Speak to tom Kerr they looked after me in the past.

Even if you are going to invest in aftermarket turnover might as well get a new one under warranty first.

The number of issues on gen 2 is less due to revised pcv system. They are now fitting new rocker covers and pcv to gen 1 to help solve issues if still covered by warranty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Hey Cton not to pull your leg or anything but pretty sure on the same post i posted ages ago you said it shouldn't be too much of a worry Seems like now you changed your mind?? Anyways, mine hasn't really come back in a little while, i'm just gonna keep doing what i do until it really breaks, then upgrade to a different turbo

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

And can i just say for the record mine hasn't come back for a good few months now. At track day i even had it running on idle for long long time after coming back into the pits to cool down. No smoke. Although i'm starting to wonder....
    Mine started and went away for two to three months then came back to stay. Get it sorted before warranty expiry or at least call service department or have it noted on paperwork at next service so there is a written evidence of complaints. Will make future claim much simpler.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

alright so I tried to call John at tom kerr mazda this morning, found out that he is still on holiday and will be back tomorrow.
    so I drave to MRT straight after work and speak to Brett about the smoking problem, we let the car idle for 10 mins. but nothing happened...
    and he spent some time with me to discuss, he said it might be many reasons not only the turbo sealed coz the smoke.
    but if it's turbo blown the smoke might come and go and come back.
    so he suggested me to leave the car there they will check if the car is alright then give me a call before the do the tune.
    but what he mentioned is those mods on my car without a tune will slowly damage the engine.
    so he still suggested a tune first.
    also no luck to make the cp-e exhaust quieter only way is to change it :'(
    sigh, after the respray, put a hid kit, fix the exhaust, change the bov, change the rim back to 18, fix the turbo...
    it's almost same as a brand new "WHITE" mps.....with 3 more year warranty
    just "sigh".....let's wait for what they say about my car soon :/
    MPS 3 GenII

TBH, "but what he mentioned is those mods on my car without a tune will slowly damage the engine.
    so he still suggested a tune first. "

That line right there makes me wanna say something bad.. but i will refrain. I'd suggest you fix the smoke problem before you even consider the tune...

alright so I tried to call John at tom kerr mazda this morning, found out that he is still on holiday and will be back tomorrow.
    so I drave to MRT straight after work and speak to Brett about the smoking problem, we let the car idle for 10 mins. but nothing happened...
    and he spent some time with me to discuss, he said it might be many reasons not only the turbo sealed coz the smoke.
    so he suggested me to leave the car there they will check if the car is alright then give me a call before the do the tune.
    but what he mentioned is those mods on my car without a tune will slowly damage the engine.
    sigh, after the respray, put a hid kit, fix the exhaust, change the bov, change the rim back to 18, fix the turbo...
    No..
    Take it to mazda. Tune has nothing to do with the smoke on idle.
    If john isn't there ask for troy and let him know justin from ozmps sent you.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Id say take it to a Mazda dealer.... Get new turbo or fixed than MRT tune it.. If you can put it back to stock (if they know you have modded leave it be honest) if your dealer is fussy with mods, im lucky mines good with things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Id say take it to a Mazda dealer.... Get new turbo or fixed than MRT tune it.. If you can put it back to stock (if they know you have modded leave it be honest) if your dealer is fussy with mods, im lucky mines good with things like that.
    Tom kerr are great. I miss them I'm now in Vic.
    Say hi to john and troy for me.
    Mine had a dp when they replaced turbo.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

alright thanks heaps guys
    I will give John a call early morning if he says my car is still covered by warranty with those mods I have,
    then I will send the car back to Mazda first otherwise I can't really do anything can I :??
    but Brett mentioned once car is tuned they can always flash it back and no one will notice it.
    but he still said it's all up to me if I wanna tune it or not :/
    so I think he's just giving me the options to choose.
    He just letting me know it's a very small chance to get it fixed under warranty with those mods.
    but I will still give it a shot tomorrow.
    Jmac thank you I am very appreciated it
    you are Justin as well? I am Justin as well lol.
    MPS 3 GenII

alright thanks heaps guys
    I will give John a call early morning if he says my car is still covered by warranty with those mods I have,
    then I will send the car back to Mazda first otherwise I can't really do anything can I :??
    but Brett mentioned once car is tuned they can always flash it back and no one will notice it.
    but he still said it's all up to me if I wanna tune it or not :/
    so I think he's just giving me the options to choose.
    He just letting me know it's a very small chance to get it fixed under warranty with those mods.
    but I will still give it a shot tomorrow.
    Jmac thank you I am very appreciated it
    you are Justin as well? I am Justin as well lol.
    Yes I am justin too lol.
    What mods?

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yes I am justin too lol.
    What mods?

oh gods, moving from ozdanclub to ozjustinclub

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Cp-e Turbo back Exhaust system -- Cp-e CAI -HKS BOV

Cp-e Turbo back Exhaust system -- Cp-e CAI -HKS BOV
    Have you got stock bov and intake

Nope I bought this car with all these mods on already from a private seller :'(
    But Cton was asking me if I wanna borrow his stock bov and air box .So tomorrow when I call him I just say the exhaust system only??
    are they easy to put back??

Hi, Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your car, there is one thing you said above that set of alarm bells in my head "also no luck to make the cp-e exhaust quieter only way is to change it :'( " are you saying that a resonator has already been added and it is still too loud? if not you can simply add a resonator (any exhaust shop can do this) and it will subdue the sound of the exhaust, infact CP-e offer this as one of the options when buying the exhaust see link MazdaSPEED3 Gen2 3" SS Cat Back Exhaust System | Custom Performance Engineering

All the best
    cheers.
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Is resonator the big steel box ??
    Or something else ? Can u see from outside?
    Sorry I didn't put the exhaust on:/
    but Brett was telling can't really make it quieter unless I change the half back.
    But then the flow will change etc.. something I didnt understand what he's saying due to my poor Emglish :/
    so if put a resonator on it won't affect the flow or anything?

Wait, so am i missing the point here? What did Brett say about the smoking issue??

Might be turbo might be the other things. He is not sure until they check.

Might be turbo might be the other things. He is not sure until they check.
    If you can, borrow standard bov and airbox - about 30 mins to swap out.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Alright back from overseas.
    So I decided to put a new turbo with Mrt.
    Getting car back next week ))

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast