User Tag List

Thread: Opel coming to Australia

Default Opel coming to Australia

A little letter i got about Opel range coming to Australia.
    Doug,

Thanks for your note. Anyone who signed up for information on Opel at our website will be receiving a letter and brand/product catalogue within the coming days. If you have not signed up on line, I would encourage you and others to do so as we intend to share more information as we get closer to launch.

What I can tell is the following....

we are still targeting a Sept 1 launch in Australia
    we will launch with Corsa, Astra, Astra GTC and Insignia
    We will have dealers in every capital in every state - we will announce our dealer partners & locations in May
    We will announce our exact offer and prices in Quarter 3 of this year

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Regards,

Bill Mott
    Managing Director
    Opel Australia
    Happy Motoring
    duglet

I am a big fan of the turbo insignia after seeing it on top gear.

3. Default

looks like we arnt getting the the v6 awd turbo that TG used though, or any of the super hot hatchs? the corsa hot model would be epic fun and should be decently priced

According to this article it seems different.
    2012 Opel Insignia revealed ahead of Australian launch | Car Advice

Quite like the Insignia VXR I wonder if it will come here?

My only question is, why? Whats compelled GM to release the same cars (astra, corsa) against each other?

cos the astra and vectra by GM have serious problems mechanical and electrical right through the ranage my misses had one before we got the MPS 6

8. Default

I was extremely amped to get a 2.8 turbo AWD Insignia wagon but was dissapointed to hear it would be coming. Now that the Liberty is a horribly disgusting abomination of style, the only solution lies in the Volvo V60 T6 AWD. Auto

@lilbeefer personally if you want and AWD turbo then go the MPS 6 (best of the pick), EVO, or STI WRX

So no AWD turbo at all or just no wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    @lilbeefer personally if you want and AWD turbo then go the MPS 6 (best of the pick), EVO, or STI WRX
    They aren't new... I think that was his point. Wrx and evo aren't the same class for refined luxury and power.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    If only they released a wagon MPS6 then I would be all over it! Being a wagon is a big part of my criteria.
    Also it needs to be relatively new. Look at this ad ALL-NEW V60 ON THE PROWL - YouTube
    I think it is a pretty good looking wagon. You can also get a polestar tune up to 240 kw from the dealer. I have to admit I would be all over the Insignia though, maybe they will release the AWD 2.8 down the line?

its a volvo man come on

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

na but they dont look to bad at least volvo has stepped up its game with its cars and persona

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeefer View Post
    If only they released a wagon MPS6 then I would be all over it! Being a wagon is a big part of my criteria.
    Also it needs to be relatively new. Look at this ad ALL-NEW V60 ON THE PROWL - YouTube
    I think it is a pretty good looking wagon. You can also get a polestar tune up to 240 kw from the dealer. I have to admit I would be all over the Insignia though, maybe they will release the AWD 2.8 down the line?
    R36 Passat

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-