User Tag List

Thread: Great PDR experience

Default Great PDR experience

Hi All,

After some psycho punched my bonnet last year (when my wife was driving my car alone) I searched the site for a recommended local (Sydney's Inner West) PDR to fix up the 4 dents that had been left (one palm size, one 10cm long and 3cm wide and two which were ten cent peice size) but did not find anything.

Anyway I finally got them fixed by Daniel at Dents and Dings (danielb@dentsdings.com.au).

I emailed a really bad photograph (hard to shoot the dings) and he quoted a range of dollars it would cost dependent on when he saw the damage in real life, amazingly when he saw the damage he reduced the quote by $50 as it was not as bad as he had thought....

I am totally blown away and happy with the result, he is a magician ... The repair isn't 100% perfect, as if you look really carefully at a certain angle you can see an orange peel effect on one part of the repair (he did point this out to me) - this was owing to him being forced to use a smaller tool as there was a peice of 10cm sheet metal in perfectly the wrong place.

I now don't cringe every time I look at my dented bonnet as it now looks brand new again.

I hope this helps someone out there - I would 100 % recommend Daniel - he is mobile and works out of Hoxton Park NSW.

Allan

Damage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazda 3 MPS bonnet.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	10730
    Last edited by AlTee; 07-04-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added "before" photo

Hey AlTee, thanks for the review. If you could, just put a small post up in this thread below so its all in one thread for everyone to see. Thanks

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...ll-states.html

They can do some amazing work, thats for sure.

Our MPS has damage on the roof, only slight dints that I wasn't happy with. Had the dealership fix them up before delivery, and I told him I wouldn't pick it up unless it was perfect! After it was fixed, I couldn't even spot exactly where they were and had to refer to the pics I had taken previously!

Fk is someone punched my bonnet i woulda got out my baseball bat in the car and knock the shits outta him eh. Whos psyco now?

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Fk is someone punched my bonnet i woulda got out my baseball bat in the car and knock the shits outta him eh. Whos psyco now?

My wife came home and was very upset .... I went out looking for him with her - luckily for him (and me) I didn't find him ....

Luckily it was the car that was damaged and he didn't hurt the wife - she said he looked like a mental case....

Yea i guess so, good thing your partner is safe though. Least car can be fixed. I remember when i first bought my gen 2 i drove it into the "clubbing district" of Brisbane and had some chick sit on my bonnet at the lights, needless to say i almost got out of the car and beat the shit outta her. Just saying. :P Although i took a much more softer approach and "politely" asked her to get off my car. "polietly" is the key word there.

Quote Originally Posted by AlTee View Post
    My wife came home and was very upset .... I went out looking for him with her - luckily for him (and me) I didn't find him ....

Luckily it was the car that was damaged and he didn't hurt the wife - she said he looked like a mental case....
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can