User Tag List

Thread: New and happy MPS owner

1. Default New and happy MPS owner

Hi All,

I thought i'd say hi after recently purchasing a 2009 Red MPS. Have had it for a week and am really happy with it.

I have found the info on this site incredibly useful, especially the mods (yes, thinking of mods already) and the warranty issues. Found issues with clunking from the engine mount (ordered inserts), slight play in the gearstick (ordered aluminium bushes) and the cruise issue (got the PCM software updated). Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge and experiences!

But overall, its a lot of car for the money, power, comfort and luxury all in one.... did i mention the power?!?

Looking forward to some social events and a few track days as its probably the only safe place to get to the limits of the car.

Thanks All

Al

Nice one !

Wouldn't those issues be covered under warranty ?

And yes, true value for money - the MPS3 is hard to beat !

hi we have a social event comming up on the 26th of may hope you can join it and look forward to meeting you

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPS190 View Post
    Nice one !

Wouldn't those issues be covered under warranty ?

And yes, true value for money - the MPS3 is hard to beat !
    Yep, took it in to Mazda, they updated the PCM software which addressed the cruise issue, but mentioned the slight play in the gear shift and the knocking sound were all "normal". I wasn't going to push the issue as a few cheap mods (Rear Engine Mount Inserts, and shifter bushings) will help fix the problem.

Ive taken a few friends on a drive and they are all amazed at the car's performance!

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase.

You'll be smiling for a long time yet.

Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome! lots of friendly owners down here in VIC, id know now im an honorary mexikent.
    Enjoy your stay

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Hi and Welcome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

welcome what tracks you looking at going too?

Welcome to the forum dude! You bought yourself the right car, and as some have already said the smile on your face will stay there for many MPS motoring years!

Cheers Lee

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    welcome what tracks you looking at going too?
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Calder isn't too far from my house, sandown's a nice track too. I be happy to go to any of those. I wouldn't have the faintest on how a track day works or how much it would cost or what equipment you need. My very limited track experience is only from doing a V8 race 5 laps at Sandown.

im out west too. i haven't been to the track in a few years but one day i want to get back.

try going to Winton's test and tune days - good starting place though its a bit of a drive up, but its a good track as you dont have to have big power numbers.
    or come and watch - my car crew (again sadly i have no money for the events) are hosting at Winton on the 19th and 20th of May, so its good to see how Winton is and how we run the day. i think i was the only MPS out there but you'll be suprised on how well it keeps up with some of them

shoot me a pm if you want more infos

welcome again
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

hi and welcome. I am in the maserati club of Melbourne and we race each 2nd month at Sandown. Cost is only $88 per year club membership and cost to race at each event is just $180 for a full day including bbq, driver training etc.. PM me if you are interested and I can email you the membership forms.

[QUOTE=KRNAGE;211087]im out west too. i haven't been to the track in a few years but one day i want to get back.

which part of the west you from? coming to the cruise?

im in Tarneit.
    Dont know if ill make cruise as I might be away for work lol in Brisbane

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    hi and welcome. I am in the maserati club of Melbourne and we race each 2nd month at Sandown. Cost is only $88 per year club membership and cost to race at each event is just $180 for a full day including bbq, driver training etc.. PM me if you are interested and I can email you the membership forms.
    does that include license (assuming CAMs)? or you have to buy that on top?

why i suggested winton as its $140 for a test and tune day + $50 for license (lasts for 12 months) then you can decide if thats what you want or not. also can go to other tracks which is listed in there link below.
    Winton Motor Raceway

Sandown as a first off maybe a bit scary with fast approaching walls.....
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

Includes CAMS and racing at other tracks also. But yeah the Winton track days are cheap. Its just a distance factor for me. I live 2 minutes from Sandown you see lol.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

im in Tarneit.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Winton is cheap but its far for me . I live 2 mins from Sandown. Prices include cams and 12 month license for all other tracks.

why i suggested winton as its $140 for a test and tune day + $50 for license (lasts for 12 months) then you can decide if thats what you want or not. also can go to other tracks which is listed in there link below.
    Winton Motor Raceway

Winton is cheap but its far for me . I live 2 mins from Sandown. Prices include cams and 12 month license for all other tracks.

18. Default

im in Tarneit.

Winton Motor Raceway

Yes, when i did the V8Race drive experience i made sure not to hit that wall on turn 4...

The exiting bit was the turn at the top of the back straigh!

I think i'd prefer sandown via Mazerati club, a bit closer, bit of tuition and the additional bbq provisions has won me over.