User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest 'Upgrades' to my MPS

Default Latest 'Upgrades' to my MPS

Just thought I would share some pics of the latest upgrade I had done. Had a Hollanida 700 II sunroof installed... much prefer the new controls they are using now and the mechanism is smoother and quieter.

Aslo, had the interior redone. Here are some pics. Just waiting on the gear boot as the guys did not know how the get it out and I did it for them. Will get that on Tuesday and it will be in black leather and red boot stitch (much like the original but its leather not vinyl).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0764.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	10717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	10718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0766.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	10719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0767.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	10720  

2. Default

Love your work - looks awesome!! Post some pics of the sunroof when you get a chance

Nice work with the sunroof. I had the Hollandia 700 installed back in 2009. I wonder what the new controls look like? Mine are pretty discreet.

Big fan of the leather upgrade, not so much the colour, but must feel nice when you're in.

Good stuff!!!!

Wow Mikey. That's awesome
    I wouldn't have gone that colour (trying to keep everything stealth) but I bet your happy

If you dont mind me asking, can I know how much?

Any pics of the sunroof??

Peter "SLIXX"

Hey thanks guys. The colour - well I guess that all comes down to personal taste.... yeah I do like it. Very comfortable and the leather is nice and soft. The leather part cost about $2.7k.

Here are some pics of the sunroof.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	10723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	10724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	10725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	10726  

Am a fan of that sunroof . Could I ask how much it was on its own and how much was installation?

Hey. No probs Supply and fit if the roof was $2.5k. I had it done at Topcat in Canberra. They are Hollandia's reps in Canberra. They do an awesome job.

I love the MPS logo stitching

Looks really professional mate. Awesome really awesome

If you're ever in Melb I'd love to have sit!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyACT View Post
    Hey thanks guys. The colour - well I guess that all comes down to personal taste.... yeah I do like it. Very comfortable and the leather is nice and soft. The leather part cost about $2.7k.

Here are some pics of the sunroof.

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Sweet interior, anything is better than the stock interior.

They have changed the switches. I'm jealous! What about the memory functions?

Thanks Peter.... no problems if I'm in Melbourne. Must say that I am very happy with it - love the feel of the seats and the leather smell..... I don't understand how Mazda can advertise the stock interior as 'leather/cloth' - it's vinyl......

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I love the MPS logo stitching

Looks really professional mate. Awesome really awesome

If you're ever in Melb I'd love to have sit!!

Peter "SLIXX"

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Yeah Brad, new switch. I do like the new switch better than the old one and it comes in different colours to match the roof lining... the switch also lights up in different colours too - they have set mine to red, I guess it matches the dash, blue might have been nice too to match the blue light in the overhead console and door handles. I think that if you want the colour changed, the guys that put it in need to do it. Re the memory function, its different to the old switch. If you press and release the open button, it opens fully, if you press and hold it opens until you release. Close is the same, push and release full close, push and hold close to where you want it. Tilt, push and release, full tilt, push and hold, partial tilt. The roof also closes differently. It goes at full speed to about 3/4 then slows for the rest - not sure why. Also a bit smoother and quieter. Am very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    They have changed the switches. I'm jealous! What about the memory functions?

I wonder if the sunroof affects the structural integrity of the roof? I'm guessing you haven't noticed any difference in the rigidity of the ride?

Peter "SLIXX"

Well I've seen pictures of the inside of the roof with the liner out (not my car) and the factory reinforcing bars across the roof look pathetic..... The guys that installed mine also installed the Roof Stiffener Replacement System (RSR) and this was included in the install price. He said that they put this in with every install as the factory roof stiffeners in most cars are crap. If anything, I'd say that the roof is more rigid now with the sunroof that what it was before it was installed - the RSR is in optional extra supplied by Hollandia and is also designed to work with cars that has SIPS.

Damn
    I'm jealous! Looks sooo cool!!

Congrats man

Peter "SLIXX"

I asked this question to Mazda re: roof strength. Not an issue to them. They were more worried about warranty issues. If there was a leak etc, then no claim. Obvious really.

I wonder if the new switch works with the older sunroof... I'd go blue, match the footwell blue lamps.

Thanks Peter..... Yeah Brad, Mazda said the same to me.... though I'd say that the roof is stronger now than before. If I had the Blue Footwell Lights I'd have the switch blue too.... alas those lights were deleted with my model - why oh why..... Not sure about the switch working though.... I guess they'd be able to tell you.....

I have blue footwell LEDs

Now I want one too!

Peter "SLIXX"

Did you put them in yourself? I once got the kit from a Mazda Dealer in the US and came with a dimmer switch etc and installed it in my SP25.... it was a bit expensive though.... might see if I can get the place that did my stereo to do the foot well lighting. The one I got from the US was on permanently, well when the car was on, and I would prefer them to only come on when the door is open......

Oops. I see u have a 2009 so came with them. I'm having blue LEDs installed tomorrow. They will operate with the doors. Might see if they an also come on with the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I wonder if the sunroof affects the structural integrity of the roof? I'm guessing you haven't noticed any difference in the rigidity of the ride?

Peter "SLIXX"

Yes, it does completely. The roof is a major structural element in a modern car.
    By removing a section of it, the car is more prone to chassis flex.
    You're also adding a massive amount of weight to the top of the car, changing it's centre of gravity dramatically.

Sunroofs are very detremental to the performance of a car, but meh, some people don't drive to the extent that they'd really notice it. But there's a reason that touring cars don't have sunroofs.
    MPS6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast