User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 Clutch and transmission help

1. Default MPS6 Clutch and transmission help

hi all,

My first post on here. Love what you guys have done and plenty of info.. and sorry if i may be repeating here.. but i recently bought a MPS6 8 months ago. perfect car. its stock but tonight coming home from work i noticed the clutch was a bit rough pushing in and out in neutral with engine on... i came home and switched the car off and pushed the clutch in and out and was making a squeaking sort of sound.. should i be alarmed?

and second thing as we all are aware of is the shifts in the MPS6 isnt all the smoothest of all gear changes from 1-2 do any of you know of anybody who could help in making this smoother.

I live in northern Suburbs. and also any idea in costs what i may be looking out for..

i had car serviced about 2 months ago and had the transmission oil replaced aswell.. thanks =)

Hmm the squeaking style noise could just be the spring, I personally recommend replacing your exhaust to fix this problem. With a full turbo back exhaust you will never hear that squeak again! On a more serious note, if you get your face down there see if it is the spring, I've noticed mine makes a slight squeak noise... you could possibly do the clutch readjustment (free and quite easy) that is somewhere on this forum.

For the gear changes do you mean when you drive hard and change gear its goes clunk or that when you go to put it into gear it feels a bit crunchy? If the first that's your exhaust hitting the underside of your car, to fix get a uprated engine mount. If the second, except for other gearbox oils (which I've never played around with) not a whole lot. I believe that is due to it have triple synchros on the lower gears, although I'm not exactly up with the whole gearbox stuff so I am happy to be corrected if this is wrong.

my car did this for a month or 2 then it stopped also the brake peddle as well get some WD-40 and spray onto moving parts of clutch and brake peddle