User Tag List

Thread: just joined the family

1. Default just joined the family

Thought I would intro myself. Been a mazda fan for a long time, under recommendation I bought an 06 MPS3 yesterday, and pick it up tomorrow morning. Car will be a daily driver to and from work, and really looking forward to driving something exciting on a regular basis. I have a pretty cool car collection, and the comparison to driving my previous work car was making the commute sheer boredom. Thanks to all those who contributed to the forum as I lurked on here for a few weeks while I considered making my choice. Cheers Greg.

Welcome Greg! Post up some pics of your car when you pick it up mate! You're going to love it and enjoy driving every day! Glad you've found some useful info on here

Hi and Welcome

welcome to ozmps

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Welcome Greg! Post up some pics of your car when you pick it up mate! You're going to love it and enjoy driving every day! Glad you've found some useful info on here
    Useful lol.. 'im not a total waste you can always use me as a bad example'

Welcome to teh MPS grin club
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Welcome Greg , nice to have another Qld,er .

Welcome to the forum mate

Welcome aboard Greg! 06 MPS3 as a daily drive sounds like words of wisdom! .

Have fun picking it up this morning. Just keep an eye on that speedo; 60kph is not very far up the dial...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Welcome aboard Greg! 06 MPS3 as a daily drive sounds like words of wisdom! .

Have fun picking it up this morning. Just keep an eye on that speedo; 60kph is not very far up the dial...

Tom
    He means it doesnt take long to get from there to the end of the dial

10. Default

Thanks for the welcome words...Should be a nice car. Very low kms and all standard, just what I was looking for.

Welcome to OzMPS. Careful of these guys - they can quite easily convince you to empty out your wallet.

Enjoy the MPS!

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Welcome to OzMPS. Careful of these guys - they can quite easily convince you to empty out your wallet.

Enjoy the MPS!
    Speak from experience Dave?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome to the family Greg, QLD is a great spot to be with quite a few regulars.
    Be sure to check the meets section for anything up and coming.

Enjoy your stay!

14. Default

took the car for a good drive tonight. Seems the previous owner cut a few corners. Some cheapo tyres are shocking at high speed. There seems to be a shake at around 100-120 that isnt felt in the steering wheel. Feels like it is coming from the rear. Could be a bad shock or crap tyres that are out of round (possibly the most likely option).

15. Default

Welcome aboard and see you around!!

Welcome mate. Fun times ahead. Keep your hands on the wallet though, some sneaky OzMPSClub member round the corner happy to take your money... and give you a DP or intake. Who's seen Troy!!?? (looks under bed)

Welcome to the Forum and I know you will enjoy your new car from my own experience

Quote Originally Posted by coatesie View Post
    took the car for a good drive tonight. Seems the previous owner cut a few corners. Some cheapo tyres are shocking at high speed. There seems to be a shake at around 100-120 that isnt felt in the steering wheel. Feels like it is coming from the rear. Could be a bad shock or crap tyres that are out of round (possibly the most likely option).
    Sounds like a wheel weight or bubble in tyre.

19. Default

Had the car for over a month now and loving it. Very happy I made the decision to go with the Mazda instead of a MINI Cooper S. Had new tyres put on it and the wobble is fixed. Only problem is some mongrel reversed into the front bar and broke the pop up washer thing on the left hand side. Where is the best place to buy parts. Is there a known wrecker in Oz that may carry such??