User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Softer aftermarket alternative to Sure/CP-E rear engine mount?

Default Softer aftermarket alternative to Sure/CP-E rear engine mount?

Hi guys.

I've installed the Sure REM in my 3 MPS to help improve the shift feel/clutch engagement (which it did) and honestly it is just too rough when it comes to vibes and noise. I've had the bolt re-torqued and I've given it a few thousand klms to settle in - it did improve, but not to the level I was hoping.

I was wondering if anyone knew of another REM that is somewhere in between the stock mount and the usual aftermarket examples in terms of vibes?

Cheers

Did you get street or track?
    Other option is to get corksport inserts for your stock REM...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    Hi guys.

I've installed the Sure REM in my 3 MPS to help improve the shift feel/clutch engagement (which it did) and honestly it is just too rough when it comes to vibes and noise. I've had the bolt re-torqued and I've given it a few thousand klms to settle in - it did improve, but not to the level I was hoping.

I was wondering if anyone knew of another REM that is somewhere in between the stock mount and the usual aftermarket examples in terms of vibes?

Cheers

the mount will sofen after 2 weeks or so.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Did you get street or track?
    Other option is to get corksport inserts for your stock REM...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Got the street model.

yeah should soften up soon. i dun even notice mine anymore. i got the 75duro.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSDAN View Post
    yeah should soften up soon. i dun even notice mine anymore. i got the 75duro.
    I don't notice mine either (Street) but my passengers sometimes do..

What did you torque the bolts to? I don't notice much difference in vibes if any in the 6, obviously mounts are different though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    the mount will sofen after 2 weeks or so.
    Lol he said he has had it in for a few thousand Kay's. Not sure how many thousand kays you do a week
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Mine has hardly vibed since install, a little bit more obvious when aircon on, CPE 60 duro.

dont happen to have a boost gauge installed ? if vibes are that bad could have a vacuum leak.

If your not happy after a couple of weeks, go the Corksport inserts or Whiteline (i have not had the whiteline inserts)

Thanks for the advise. Might go stock mount with aftermarket insert. On a sadder note I've misplaced my stock one and might need to buy new - anyone got any ideas on what a stock REM goes for from Mazda?

Well, I got rid if the Sure REM for a brand new factory one ($135) and swapped the oil out for Castrol SynTrans 75W-85 at the same time.

Just wow. Shifts are like butter. And the awful vibrations and harshness from that Sure REM are gone. I honestly think that 95% of owners could not be satisfied with the compromise that the aftermarket mounts present. Maybe if you've gone for a tune they might be suitable, but anyone with shift problems should get that oil and get the dealer to swap out the mount for a new factory one.

100% happy with the car now.

Did you end up putting the aftermarket inserts into the mount or did you revert completely back to the stock one?

Also, does anyone know how the Sure (street) and CP-e (60 duro) mounts compare with each other? Seems that more people notice the NVH with the Sure mounts from what I've seen?

Well, I got rid if the Sure REM for a brand new factory one ($135) and swapped the oil out for Castrol SynTrans 75W-85 at the same time.

Just wow. Shifts are like butter. And the awful vibrations and harshness from that Sure REM are gone. I honestly think that 95% of owners could not be satisfied with the compromise that the aftermarket mounts present. Maybe if you've gone for a tune they might be suitable, but anyone with shift problems should get that oil and get the dealer to swap out the mount for a new factory one.

Just brought a brand new factory mount.

i dont think many members would agree with your comments. The stock REM is terrible and there's so much engine lash it borders ridiculous. Perhaps if you shift really slowly and at 2500rpm then the stock mount might be ok...

I've had both the CPE 60duro and Sure Street spec, I couldn't really notice any difference between the two. Both give you some vibes with the aircon on but almost feel stock without

until it tears again....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Sorry to exhume this old thread but after keeping my ear to the ground in regards to mounts that offer an improvement over the stock one but with absolute minimum vibes I came across this:

Installed new Ford RMM this afternoon - Mazdaspeed Forums

It's the REM from the Electric Focus with a solid rubber bushing like the cp-e one but it seems the bushing itself is a little softer, while still offering an improvement over stock.

It led me to this thread: CM5Z-6068-A E Focus trans mount in stock where I placed an order via the Fast Parts Network. Shipping costs is still TBD but hopefully it isn't ridiculous.

Dunno when it will arrive but once I get it I'll report back and let you guys know how it goes.

Fact is, softer the bushing the quicker and easier it will tear, and it will eventually. JBR 70duro ftw. Can't even notice it after a few weeks

Lol. I don't know how you guys reckon mounts at 60 or above aren't noticeable. Sat in one with the cp-e 60 which is probably one of the softer aftermarket examples, and there is no way it's unnoticeable, esp with air-con on. I'm hoping this E Focus mount is the tradeoff I'm after.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast