User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Softer aftermarket alternative to Sure/CP-E rear engine mount?

Ok, missus told me the mount finally turned up.

Good old USPS, almost a month they took to deliver this.

USPS are pretty ordinary. So that took 3 weeks or thereabouts?

Yeah over 3 weeks from ordering to delivery. Ordered it on the 21st March.

The usps tracking website is terrible though!

Let us know what you think once it's installed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    Let us know what you think once it's installed.
    Ok I got home from my work trip this morning and had a look at this mount. It is a fair bit stiffer than the stock Mazda mount (which you can flex the rubber with your thumb). The Ford one took a lot of pressure to move it.

Didn't come with the horizontal bolt and the Mazda one didn't fit as threads were different. Went down to the hardware store with mount in hand, the bolt to get is a M12 thread bolt.

Installed the mount - what a pain in the ass compared to the stock and JBR mount. This one must be slightly bigger as it was pretty difficult to get the bolts to line up. Had absolutely no issues doing this with the other mounts.

Got it in, torqued everything up to 80 ft/lbs and took the car for a spin and readjusted the shifter linkage.

Shifting feel - same as JBR 70 duro mount except the clutch action. With the JBR mount, it was pretty much all or nothing. With the stock mount it was very forgiving with the clutch. This Ford mount is the same, very forgiving. The shifts are almost rifle bolt precise, like the JBR mount. Also have a JBR SSP set at 20% reduction and the shifter bushings installed. Tranny oil is Castrol Syntrans.

NVH - negligible increase. No rattles, no vibes even at low rpms with engine labouring. Feels the same as stock in terns of rattles and vibes, ie absolutely nothing. Engine noise is slightly louder but that's it. You honestly won't be able to pick it that this mount is in.

Torque steer - with the JBR mount, the torque steer is still there but is only slightly noticeable. With the Ford mount I'd say its close to the JBR one, but not quite the same. The improvement over stock is pretty good.

All up, this mount is a good compromise and sits somewhere between the stock mount and the JBR mount, but closer to the JBR end.

Very happy.

Great impressions @Brissy_MPS3 I feel exactly the same about this mount. Great performance without having your dash shaken to pieces. Glad it's working for you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234