User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Softer aftermarket alternative to Sure/CP-E rear engine mount?

Each to their own I guess

Peter "SLIXX"

Yeah wasn't a stab at dazza - some people really like the feeling of upgraded mounts. I just think they have too much harshness, and the MPS with stock mounts is actually pretty refined.

Finding a mount with improved feel with little compromise is like finding the Holy Grail I guess. Hope this Ford mount turns out to be good.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    Lol. I don't know how you guys reckon mounts at 60 or above aren't noticeable. Sat in one with the cp-e 60 which is probably one of the softer aftermarket examples, and there is no way it's unnoticeable, esp with air-con on. I'm hoping this E Focus mount is the tradeoff I'm after.
    I have the 60 cpe duro, you must be very sensitive to notice it, to me it made the whole driveability feel more together, i have had it in for 8000ks and can't feel vibes and barely felt them when it was first put in. You must hate the harshness of the suspension set up then if the 60 duro annoys you.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

No problems with the ride. I reckon it's pretty good given the suspension setup.

The car is awesome bar the mounts. Once this new one goes in I'm going to leave it alone.

5. Default

Also the the torque setting if too tight on the main bolt can make it feel way more harsh than it was designed to be.

I've heard that too shaneski. When I had the Sure REM, I had it torqued to 65 ft lbs. Ill do the same with the new one, hopefully that will be OK.

7. Default

The 60 duro you felt may have been over tightened, i can't feel any vibes, actually made it feel a way better car with gear changes and no wheel hop.

Fair enough, could've been too tight. It was a home install.

This E Focus mount has a solid bushing, and ST owners seems to think it's pretty good. Hopefully i'll have good results.

im curious too see your opinion of this mount, how much did it set u back? i cant stand vibrations either so id look at this as an option if it introduces non at all

Base cost is $55US. Shipping hasn't been added yet but ill let you know how much once they add it (and how it goes, when it arrives).

So the total with shipping and handling is $109.85.

@mymps11 had the Electric Focus mount installed today. So far I've tried the Sure with street urethane, the CorkSport inserts and now this. If anyone is a Nancy like me and has no tolerance for vibes, this is the mount to get. Just nearly as good as the inserts in terms of stiffness for shifts but feels absolutely bone stock in terms of vibes. This is a great mount.

@mymps11 had the Electric Focus mount installed today. So far I've tried the Sure with street urethane, the CorkSport inserts and now this. If anyone is a Nancy like me and has no tolerance for vibes, this is the mount to get. Just nearly as good as the inserts in terms of stiffness for shifts but feels absolutely bone stock in terms of vibes. This is a great mount.
    Any issues with fitment?
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP

Not at all. Some blokes on mazdaspeedforums.org were the guinea pigs thankfully.

Is the one for the 6 MPS????
    sick of the vibes that my awa 88 duro is giving me...

Nah only fits the 3 MPS I think.

Just go 70 a jbr mount

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks for that mate now how do i go about sourcing one haha, just what ive been waiting to hear

How to order: CM5Z-6068-A E Focus trans mount in stock
    Some impressions: Installed new Ford RMM this afternoon - Mazdaspeed Forums

I will maintain however that this is a daily drivers mount. Anyone who enjoys going F1 at traffic lights might not be impressed with it (but it is definitely an improvement over stock). Also the part doesn't come with the bolt (not sure how to order that).

I've got CPE REM 60a and didn't notice any extra vibes at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast