User Tag List

Thread: How Forza 4 recorded the Mazda 787B, its loudest car ever

Default How Forza 4 recorded the Mazda 787B, its loudest car ever

Filed under: Videos, Mazda, Toys/Games, Racing

In the Forza Motorsport 4 vs. Gran Turismo 5 debate, no one questions Forza's commitment to genuine engine noise. Normally, the Turn 10 sound engineers use Dyno Authority in a business and residential area of Seattle to record their cars' sounds, but when it came to the 1991 Mazda 787B that was unleashed in February's ALMS DLC, the Le Mans-winning racer was just too loud.

In fact, the 700-horsepower 2.7-liter Wankel-engined legend with four rotors and its continuously variable intake was the loudest car that Forza engineers have ever caught on mic. Look below to watch a video on how they did it.Continue reading How Forza 4 recorded the Mazda 787B, its loudest car ever
    How Forza 4 recorded the Mazda 787B, its loudest car ever originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

2. Default

Agreed.. While the 1080 res visuals top Forzas, GT5's sound engineers need to go much more hardcore like Forza. The engine sound used on the Nissan GT-R and even Subaru Impreza boxer rumble sound nothing like the real thing in GT5. It's so disappointing really.....

There were loads of things about GT5 that dissapointed me a lot.

Bad interface, bad AI, ordinary sound, terrible single player format, did I mention how bad the AI is? For a game that took so long to develop there were some catastrophic oversights by the dev team.

4. Default

I find the interface pretty intuitive, mind you I am an Android user so I'm used to something that requires more thought. AI isn't the worst out there. F1 2011 beats it by a fair few kms. In the end I think you've missed the point about GT5 which is why it's left you so disappointed. It's not totally about the driving experience, its about being able to experience and customise a 5hit loads of different cars (almost 800), absolutely stunning mouth watering high definition bamboozlingly fluid graphics, interesting challenges, as well as having some damn good multiplayer match-ups with mates..

So while the sound isn't up to scratch, I still think overall it's an awesome game
    Last edited by Wardski; 07-04-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Yea it does some things well but once the novelty wore off all I was left with was race events that don't challenge or interest me, and AI so bad that it killed any enjoyment that may have remained. Multiplayer was quite good, especially after they patched the PP rules in to level the playing field. It was just too worried about implementing every feature ever seen in a racing game that it failed to do any of it very well.
    Last edited by Reedy; 08-04-2012 at 07:51 AM.

If they took the car sounds from NFS Shift 2 and combined that with the GT5 gameplay, it would be a winner of a game, Im sure that the likes of a Zonda R sound a lot louder that GT5 make it out.