User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EOI: HPFP Group Buy

ok so i have now completed the install start to finish (off the car to back on the car) 1hr and 20 mins now to test run this out and i'll let you know

just took mine for test drive no flames all good

Notice any difference?

yeah a heap of difference there's power all the way through the rev range now but if you don't have many upgrades then it won't be as noticeable when you do the install make sure you tighten everything up and run it in

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    yeah a heap of difference there's power all the way through the rev range now but if you don't have many upgrades then it won't be as noticeable when you do the install make sure you tighten everything up and run it in
    The fact you say that makes me worried about what your car was doing pre install... it shouldn't make any difference, just allows enough flow and pressure to meet demands required for higher power...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    The fact you say that makes me worried about what your car was doing pre install... it shouldn't make any difference, just allows enough flow and pressure to meet demands required for higher power...

^^^ this^^^
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

The difference i had with the internals was a more smoother delievery of power, but no increase in power or decrease.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    The difference i had with the internals was a more smoother delievery of power, but no increase in power or decrease.
    Think youll find This is mainly cause your stock pump was dying...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Think youll find This is mainly cause your stock pump was dying...
    wouldnt say dieing, it's couldnt cope with the demand required.

i have a stage 3 bnr at above 4500 rpm it was starting to starve of fuel with the standard pump it makes a big difference when the fuel u need is there my oem pump might have been a bit worn maybe, i didnt say there was a power increase i said that the power now come on right through the rev range
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 20-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to @Axspeed6 and his girlfriend for letting me come over and helping do the internals today, there is no way I would have got it done with that bloody bolt stuck. Appreciate it so much, so again thank you! Car feels so much healthier now!

12. Default

Nice! Hope you are all enjoying the fuel pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by shift View Post
    I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to @Axspeed6 and his girlfriend for letting me come over and helping do the internals today, there is no way I would have got it done with that bloody bolt stuck. Appreciate it so much, so again thank you! Car feels so much healthier now!
    He is Shift and swift now

Finally received my Autotech Fuel Pump and will be installing this tomorrow. Any tips for this install or is it as simple as reading through the instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSDAN View Post
    Finally received my Autotech Fuel Pump and will be installing this tomorrow. Any tips for this install or is it as simple as reading through the instructions?
    @MPS2NV did a How To here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...tml#post203837

Does anyone know what this (upgrading internals) would do to fuel economy for a daily?

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Does anyone know what this (upgrading internals) would do to fuel economy for a daily?

Sent from my iPhone
    Wont make any difference at all...
    This allows you to keep the pressure of the fuel up when you want to increase the amount of power your engine makes (more power = more air/fuel )
    As you try and shove more fuel into the engine, the stock hpfp can't maintain the pressures required for the injectors to work properly.

Another way to think of this is like your hot water system at home, when you turn the tap on at 50% you get hot water, when you turn it on 100% you might only get warm water (or even worse, cold water). This isn't because you can't flow enough water through the pipes, its because the heater in your hot water system can't warm all that water.
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 24-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Wont make any difference at all...
    This allows you to keep the pressure of the fuel up when you want to increase the amount of power your engine makes (more power = more air/fuel )
    As you try and shove more fuel into the engine, the stock hpfp can't maintain the pressures required for the injectors to work properly.

Another way to think of this is like your hot water system at home, when you turn the tap on at 50% you get hot water, when you turn it on 100% you might only get warm water (or even worse, cold water). This isn't because you can't flow enough water through the pipes, its because the heater in your hot water system can't warm all that water.
    So glad your a ozmpser again rather than a MSF

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345