User Tag List

Thread: Where to buy! Silicone piping - Intercooler & Bypass valve hose

Default Where to buy! Silicone piping - Intercooler & Bypass valve hose

I have a Stage 2 SRI and box I'm waiting on from corksport as they are out of stock. I figured I add some silicone hoses to the order while I'm at it.
    However, I'm rather impatient, and really don't want to wait a month for the items to come in. Anyone know the length diameter and bend of the
    piping, so I could go somewhere local and get it, cheaper too maybe.

These are what im after;
    CORKSPORT DISI Silicone Boost Tubes
    DISI Silicone Bypass Valve Hose by CORKSPORT

Thanks in advance.

JBR Short Shift plate, JBR Solid Bushing, 18" Black with Silver Lip Ox Wheel, CS SRI, CS TIP, CS Airbox, 3" Double Walled exhaust TIP,
    RDA front & rear slotted rotors, Remsa pads
    , CS Rear Sway Bar, JBR rear engine mount and transmission mount

Also, does a silicone hose which consists of 3-ply really differentiate from a 4-ply?

VPW Performance Mailorder

dont know if this will help but worth a look. they located in epping vic
    for my mps6, i used 2.25" (i think 2" shud be okay too) for the turbo side, and 2.75" for intake manifold.

unsure about the size of the bypass hose...

another option is the turbosmart one
    Turbosmart Pty Limited - Silicone Hose & Accessories

I've bought a bit of silicone piping and clamps from Supercheap Auto.

They are in Melbourne too. See Supercheap Auto - car accessories,air compressors,roof racks,seat covers and much much more - Supercheap Auto Australia

3Ply and 4 ply relates to strength rating , but u should also be aware that not all silicones are equal . Quality from some Ebay and some China suppliers suck.
    Use a 4 ply for all boost connections and make sure u use quality clamps , not worm drives .
    Preferably clamps with a rolled collar/band to stop clamp cutting into silicone.
    Naturaly install when engine cold and tighten ,then go for drive and check re-tighten couple turns as silicone becomes more pliable when warm.

Thanks guys!