User Tag List

Thread: Front shockers replacement(s)

Default Front shockers replacement(s)

My front shock absorbers are gone, need a replacement.

06 3 MPS - S-E Melbourne ..

I have no idea where to go and what to get; Mazda gave me a figure of $270 per side .. which I believed to be a bit too expensive for stock shocks? What have you guys done and any recommendations please?!

Thanks.

Replaced all 4 of mine with Koni FSD. Better all round than the crap factory shocks. They aren't worth mucking around with.
    Other options are Koni yellows or Bilsteins. Can get them from sponsors or pretty much any auto parts store

I just fitted Koni FSD Shockers and Eibach pro springs to my 06 3MPS as my front passenger side shocker leaked and rears were on the way out.

Bought them from Protege Garage saved heaps on local and cheap freight too. Also replaced rear end links with Moog Problem solvers.
    My car now rides better than new with no rear end link knocks either.

4. Default

Or look to get some adjustable coil overs

Koni FSD all the way...still a firm ride when cornering but noticeably softer over bumps
    A complete set all round will set you back $1500 fitted but it's worth every cent!

Use the Sponsors, Edgeauto currently $750.00Au landed KoniFSD or koni sports approx same landed.

When changing shocks,should you change springs too?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by camo2310 View Post
    When changing shocks,should you change springs too?
    Depends on the condition of the springs, and also what shocks you get. If you get shocks that are suited to lowering springs (such as Bilstein B8) then you'll need lowering springs.