User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECU wiped out??

Shitty exhaust shops these days, I would rather do most work myself, can't trust alot of mechanics unless you really know them.

In all honesty, so long as you've got a decent socket set, some good ratchet spanners, a solid jack and a torque wrench, most things on these cars can be done at home... For everyone who thinks that these cars are tight to work on, try fixing a 300Z

Need some opinions here,
    the guys that worked on my exhaust say that the heat shield doesnt fit properly with aftermarket downpipes, and he backed himself up with the forums..im unsure about this cause i havent touched the heatshield to know.

funny thing is these guys have kept comin up with random excuses like there are always bolts on the road that could have bounced up between the intercooler and engine...or a bolt went up the exhaust...as well as its the exhausts fault and heat shield doesnt fit..

all these dont explain why theres a missing screw on my heat shield and a non-mazda bolt being wedged between the intercooler and engine..
    Current Mods

Cobb Accessport 2XS SRI Protege TIP COBB Tuning Downpipe COBB Catback Exhaust HDI GT2 Pro FMIC HKS SSQ CPE ByPass Valve Autotech Fuel Pump DGR Coilovers Remsa Brake Pads TRW Brake Disks 2XS Short Shift Plate CPE Rear Engine Mount (75 Duro) Defi Boost Gauge JBarone Heavy Gear Knob JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps Mugen Weather Shields Kumho KU31 225/40R18 6000K HID Kit for Low Beam + Fogs COBB Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Denso ITV22

that sounds quite dodgy to me...
    firstly they should have said something when installing it if that was the case
    also, my heat shield (am assuming the one covering the turbo) fits my aftermarket DP just fine, can take a picture or 2 if you want?

They're spilling bullshit mate.

There is no way a bolt from the road could bounce up from under the car, and go between the endine and the cooler. Absolutely no way.

Yea the turbo heat shield, and that would be great, any proof would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    that sounds quite dodgy to me...
    firstly they should have said something when installing it if that was the case
    also, my heat shield (am assuming the one covering the turbo) fits my aftermarket DP just fine, can take a picture or 2 if you want?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Doesnt take a genius to figure that out to be honest haha!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    They're spilling bullshit mate.

There is no way a bolt from the road could bounce up from under the car, and go between the endine and the cooler. Absolutely no way.
    Current Mods

Cobb Accessport 2XS SRI Protege TIP COBB Tuning Downpipe COBB Catback Exhaust HDI GT2 Pro FMIC HKS SSQ CPE ByPass Valve Autotech Fuel Pump DGR Coilovers Remsa Brake Pads TRW Brake Disks 2XS Short Shift Plate CPE Rear Engine Mount (75 Duro) Defi Boost Gauge JBarone Heavy Gear Knob JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps Mugen Weather Shields Kumho KU31 225/40R18 6000K HID Kit for Low Beam + Fogs COBB Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Denso ITV22

call the business ombudsman and tell them about their business "ethics" see what they can do about it then call worksafe and get them looked through thats all im gonna say

payback's a bitch
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 09-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Currently undergoing an agreement with that business. But seems they dont want to ruin their reputation and are happy to negotiate something with me.

well thats a good outcome gotta be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Shitty exhaust shops these days, I would rather do most work myself, can't trust alot of mechanics unless you really know them.
    not always my misses had a box of chicken left under the drivers seat and he forgot to bolt the entire dash in, keep in mind there really good mates and he a mechanic.....
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

OK I've been having to call these guys back to confirm an agreement, and ive been given the following options:

Get a new front mount intercooler custom made and fitted for free ( But i recently just bought one so no point )
    OR take half the amount of the damages incurred by the damage so $350 and the remaining would be free labour on anythin i want to do in the future,
    OR go to court for $700 damages lol and according to him they have a big legal team.

My thoughts were fark i want all my $700 back! but hard provin i didnt touch the car for a month leading up to it happening. So my thoughts are take the $350 and have them do a manifold? OR pursue the $700 by asking for $350 for damages and $300 in labour (the labour the charged for installing my exhaust)?

Any thoughts from my fellow MPSers?
    Current Mods

take the $350 mate its not a bad deal anyway it'll cost you more taking it to court but i'd still worksafe the bastards just to make them sweat

I worry why they have a "big legal team" have they had issues before???

lol @ big legal team. If I had a dollar for the number of companies who boasted that, I'd be a very rich man. Give me a break.

If you want to take the $350 because you're over it and want it done then fine, but don't make your decision based on their piss-weak attempt at intimidation.

I personally wouldn't be taking my car back to them to get anything further done regardless of how much free labour they offered. If it is them that caused this in the first place, they caused it whilst doing paid work for you. How much less are they going to care if they're doing unpaid work on it? Absolute recipe for disaster IMO
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12