User Tag List

Thread: Car Almost Stalling After coming off cruize Control? & Gear Box issues

Default Car Almost Stalling After coming off cruize Control? & Gear Box issues

So i was cruising along the m5 in 6th gear and dropped it back to 4th gear to over take and the car almost stalled when i put my foot down half way? dose this sound like a fuel pump issue? i backed off and gave it a 2nd and tried again and it was semi ok?

Also having alot of trouble changing for 1st to 2nd when the car is cold have to double clutch every morning ? is this normal with the mps last service they changed gear box oil to vmx80?

any help appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mpsnoob View Post
    So i was cruising along the m5 in 6th gear and dropped it back to 4th gear to over take and the car almost stalled when i put my foot down half way? dose this sound like a fuel pump issue? i backed off and gave it a 2nd and tried again and it was semi ok?

Also having alot of trouble changing for 1st to 2nd when the car is cold have to double clutch every morning ? is this normal with the mps last service they changed gear box oil to vmx80?

any help appreciated
    Stalled as in revs dropped or sputtered as you accelerated?

Not normal to question two

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

sputtered hahha

sputtered hahha
    That's either fuel cut or boost cut. How violent was it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

only for about 2 seconds and it was gone, any idea what could have caused it? car is stock =\

only for about 2 seconds and it was gone, any idea what could have caused it? car is stock =\
    FWIW I've had this once. Engine is also stock. It had happened after I'd done a UEC and I was driving up the free way to exorcise any remaining carbon demons

Car felt like it coughed up a hairball then was fine. Been fine ever since.

In regards to the gearbox issue. That is normal for me. In that I have to either double clutch or sit in netural for a second then I can get 2nd. Always when cold. About 3/8ths when warm. Gives me the shits as I have had it in at mazda 4 times and everytime they can not find a problem with it. Yet when I took them on a drive the guy I was with found an problem. Yet nothing done about it.

So long story short trying some new gearbox oil and seeing what that does. As the last recommendation I got from mazda was to put Thicker oil in it. Which seemed strange to me.
    Now with less zoom zoom

seems to be the deal with the gear box, called mazda just then and they said it could be something to do my my cruise controll, it turned off a few min before i started doing this and i switched it back on (went down a hill) another issue they have to fix next wed haha i read a biut about the PCM chip but the guy at westend said they will go over everything for me

seems to be the deal with the gear box, called mazda just then and they said it could be something to do my my cruise controll, it turned off a few min before i started doing this and i switched it back on (went down a hill) another issue they have to fix next wed haha i read a biut about the PCM chip but the guy at westend said they will go over everything for me
    mmm, cruise in gen 2's is a bit dodgy... think there is a recall for it...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Haven't seen anything about a recall, but there is an ecu software update that should fix the Gen II cruise control cutting out issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

There are also stories of cars not being happy getting a bootfull (or high gear WOT) after being on cruise control due to lean mixtures etc.
    was there a cloud of smoke out the back at the time of the stutter?

i have a crunchy painful gearbox in my MPS6. factory oil was terrible when cold, swapped for penrite SYN, and better, but not perfect. 2nd grinds now randomly even when hot, and 6th sometimes takes its time.

im swapping to Redline MT-90 (ordered and on its way) and ill be keen to see the results. penrite SYN is a GL5 oil, and not a perfect match to our GL4 requiring boxes. MT90 is GL4

ice

have the MT90 GL4 redline oil in now and it is a significiant improvement on the penrite SYN.

2nd doesn't grind anymore, and it will go into first without having to come to a complete stop. cold start performance is also better.

now i just have to figure out banging and clunking on the gearbox and clutch.

Ice.