User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wet filter = disaster.

I'd go guy a new one mate. Not worth risking it.

I don't believe this guy.... So you also removed your air filter then went for a drive!? Very bad idea
    Are you serious? Think/hope this is a 'joke' thread

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    I don't believe this guy.... So you also removed your air filter then went for a drive!? Very bad idea
    While not all that sensible, it's not a hard thing to believe (Nor is it something that's never done).

I drove my rb20 powered 31 a few times with no filter on it, and people like this go for drives here and there with big 'ol intakes collecting all sorts of shit

Don't make a habit of it, and hope you don't drive through heaps of sand or dust, and a short trip may be ok.

But announcing it online on a public forum isn't great if ever it has to go to mazda, and they want to find a reason not to honour a warranty claim

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    While not all that sensible, it's not a hard thing to believe (Nor is it something that's never done).

I drove my rb20 powered 31 a few times with no filter on it, and people like this go for drives here and there with big 'ol intakes collecting all sorts of shit

Don't make a habit of it, and hope you don't drive through heaps of sand or dust, and a short trip may be ok.

But announcing it online on a public forum isn't great if ever it has to go to mazda, and they want to find a reason not to honour a warranty claim
    1 leaf = epic fail.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by kevstewart View Post
    Yea man, didnt know what I was doing. Just bought and replaced my air filter.

JBR Short Shift plate, JBR Solid Bushing, 18" Black with Silver Lip Ox Wheel, CS SRI, CS TIP, CS Airbox, 3" Double Walled exhaust TIP,
    RDA front & rear slotted rotors, Remsa pads
    , CS Rear Sway Bar, JBR rear engine mount and transmission mount

That's the filter that I washed. It's still pretty good, I didn't soak it, I just gave it a rinse. Perhaps that's why it's still tuff. I even tried ripping it and wouldn't budge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332748098.186595.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	10661  

Thats a stock unit.

Don't worry about it, straight Rods are over-rated anyway.

Happy ending considering
    We all make mistakes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

All good now by the sounds of it. Suppose we all have to learn and start somewhere!
    Use the forum for assistance and advice ,its what the forum is for .Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12