User Tag List

Thread: Jbr short shift plate

Default Jbr short shift plate

I recently bought the jbr ssp and brushing. Works like a charm, although with my factory air intake box still in there. They clash on all the top gears "1-3-5". You can see the box move everytime I select those to gears. And you can feel the difficulty getting into those gears due to the clashing. anyone else have this problem, and any advice? I've already ordered my corksport Sri and tip from the U.S, so I'm just waiting on that.

Cheers,
    imi

if u take out the centre console and then pop the plastic near your gear stick there is a orange lug. pull it up and move that for fine adjustments.

I believe the early JBR SSPs required some 'mod' to fix this issue? Something to do with a spacer or similar.

It is not what Jrbris is referring too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    if u take out the centre console and then pop the plastic near your gear stick there is a orange lug. pull it up and move that for fine adjustments.
    The issue is the the ssp hitting the airbox, will the adjustment of the lug fix that?

JBR Short Shift plate, JBR Solid Bushing, 18" Black with Silver Lip Ox Wheel, CS SRI, CS TIP, CS Airbox, 3" Double Walled exhaust TIP,
    RDA front & rear slotted rotors, Remsa pads
    , CS Rear Sway Bar, JBR rear engine mount and transmission mount

Quote Originally Posted by imiz89 View Post
    The issue is the the ssp hitting the airbox, will the adjustment of the lug fix that?
    On the JBR website he has instructions on what to do to correct your factory airbox hitting the SSP As Boost said, it involves a spacer or if you still have your standard bushings where you replaced with your JBR solid Bushings then you can use those to do the mod. all the best. cheers.

here is the link to the instructions to save you searching Support : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

Thanks for that jnt n boost!

Its originally a design flaw.
    Then a modification to create another design flaw.
    An aftermarket airbox should sort you out.