User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mps3 take off?

Default mps3 take off?

Hi all,
    So the other week went down to a private rd with a couple mates and had a lil fun...
    was with a wrx sti..
    the mps3 did good very good people were very surprised.
    in gear 2nd and 3ed i beat the wrx sti
    off take off the wrx beat me, by alot lol....
    the other car was a stock commodore 5.7lt .
    Anyway, just after info/advice/tips on taking off in 3ed.
    basically i just drop the clutch at 3-4000rpm...
    is that how to do it? lol
    a guy i was with said to me that if i pull up the handbreak put it in first and ride the clutch then just put the handbreak down when im ready to take off and it will be a better take off...
    what do you think?
    whats the best way to take off quickly?

N2MB Racing

Problem solved.

Your welcome.

Your not going to come close to the WRX off the mark,no matter how perfect your launch is and how crappy his is.
    The Commodore will come down to whoever gets the best launch. Both quite tricky to get right.

Drag racing is not the MPS forte.
    So just stick with beating them for mid range acceleration. Something that I think is much more relevant than 0-190 times

Launch in 2nd short shift 3rd.
    Never going to beat AWD with FWD at launch.
    Weight shifts to back away from the fronts

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

hahaha thanks lol... nice and easy..
    but does anyone have this on their cars? i would like to know if it makes much of a diffrence and if its noticeable sounds like a very good thing to have but does it work properly?

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Your not going to come close to the WRX off the mark,no matter how perfect your launch is and how crappy his is.
    The Commodore will come down to whoever gets the best launch. Both quite tricky to get right.

Drag racing is not the MPS forte.
    So just stick with beating them for mid range acceleration. Something that I think is much more relevant than 0-190 times
    close, but not quite...
    if you run drag slicks + get a driver mod, you can get 1.7s 60ft's... but, then you're running drag slicks
    at the end of the day, an AWD can pull out 1.9-2.0s 60fts far easier than a FWD car can... a sub 10s 400m WRX gets a 1.4s 60ft

not sure what mods you have (or if you still have limiters on) but without limiters, found it best to get car moving first 2-3m, then give it a bit more... trying to go straight away will only end in embarressment
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

thanks guys, yeah i know that there is no way that a FWD car can beat an AWD car of take off but just wondering what was the best way to take off. another thing, apparently 1st and 2nd gear have limited boost due to "torque steer" but is there a way of taking this limited boost off? has anyone done this? and does it make much of a difference? thank you

You can remove the limiter in the first 2 gears with a hypertech/AP or something similar, or get a wotbox for independent launch control etc - someone has already posted that above.

were can i get the hypertech/AP thing? and how much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    were can i get the hypertech/AP thing? and how much does it cost?
    Hypertech from advance speed shop, or check for sale section... about $450ish shipped
    AP is incoming, currently in beta testing, hopefully released soon, probably be around $600+ shipping...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

here you go mpsexn..this guy is selling one
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...hypertech.html

I've got limiters removed from 1st and 2nd gear... Needs some skill to launch in 1st but if you have great tyres it will put all the power down in 2nd gear, normally that when i catch most guys and by 3rd gear its mostly a case of bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    thanks guys, yeah i know that there is no way that a FWD car can beat an AWD car of take off but just wondering what was the best way to take off. another thing, apparently 1st and 2nd gear have limited boost due to "torque steer" but is there a way of taking this limited boost off? has anyone done this? and does it make much of a difference? thank you
    I already answered the question.....

Removing limiters in 1st and 2nd will most likely make you slower, and the car harder to launch due to wheelspinning everywhere... I do, even with semi-slicks... with anything more than ~30% throttle.
    Last edited by Jmac; 26-03-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Bakis, there is one for sale at the moment, 'mech81' sent a link to one that is for sale a 'hypertech' is this what you got to remove the limiters? and is it hard to install if i give it to a mate of mine who's a mechanic?
    thanks

TBH mate i have no idea about the hypertech or any of the plug and play stuff on the MPS, my limiters got removed from the car when i got my custom tune from HP-F.

Don't need a mechanic, it's pretty idiot proof
    Even I, the resident mechanically illiterate person, can do it!!!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyWq...e_gdata_player

Sweet well thanks for the info guys il call up HPF and see how i go atleast now i have an overview what they sort of do lol... so i dont sound as dumb when talking to them... cheers

Sam is referring to the hypertech.
    You wont even need HP-F for the hypertech. All you need is two hands, a set of eyes and a torchlight to find the port to plug it in. From there, follow the instructions and hey presto the limitations are off....

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Don't need a mechanic, it's pretty idiot proof
    Even I, the resident mechanically illiterate person, can do it!!!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyWq...e_gdata_player

hahaha yeah but i was just saying if i was not going to get the hypertech then id go and check out the HPF.. but yeahhhh

HP-F tune is about $900 just so you can factor it in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast