User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure Full3Aeros installed

Default Sure Full3Aeros installed

Well just put this in today, it is an sri/tip in one, and I have the version for stock size turbo and maf housing.
    Install was a pita, VERY tight install, I'm talking touching against the battery tray it's extremely tight as the size of the tip is slightly larger than the sure sidewinder. I had to pull a few other bolts and brackets off just to get it to fit in there, good luck fixing the battery holder, there is NO room to fit the holding pin. Haven't really taken it for a spin yet but looks good
    Im assuming the bracket that holds the SRI goes under the battery tray? Thats where I attached it, seems to pull the pod down a little in order for it to attach. Will pick up a K&N tomorrow and put it on.

Daz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331373271.440404.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	10584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331373248.292931.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	10582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331373229.500627.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	10581  
    Last edited by dazza; 10-03-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Looks nice mate.

Im hanging for the BT version for mine

Nice work Mate

nice but I have a very quick question that's probably been mentioned hundreds of times, but is an open pod filter like the sure aeros legal in NSW?

Well im not sure about NSW but in VIC i believe as long as its not an oil based filter its fine... But really with these cars i'm not sure it matters lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Well im not sure about NSW but in VIC i believe as long as its not an oil based filter its fine... But really with these cars i'm not sure it matters lol
    I hope it's ok too coz I have an aeros sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, but don't wanna get slapped in the face with a fine from a cop that have some free time on their hands lol
    Corksport TMIC | Autotech HPFP internals | HTP 3" | 2XS Test pipe | CPE Injector Seals | CPE S2 RMM|

In NSW all intakes have to be covered, just make a housing for it, or buy the corksport air box.

in NSW yes it's illegal, has to be enclosed and a corksport box wont fit

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    in NSW yes it's illegal, has to be enclosed and a corksport box wont fit
    :O then what am I to do with the aeros

oh and when u say the corksport box won't fit, do u mean it won't fit over the aeros? or it won't fit in a mps3 altogether?
    Last edited by Initial DJ; 12-03-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Corksport TMIC | Autotech HPFP internals | HTP 3" | 2XS Test pipe | CPE Injector Seals | CPE S2 RMM|

the Aeros. I've got the corksport box in mine, so if you wanted to look at it and see how it sits then your more than welcome. But when i asked Sure if it would fit, they said no, so i went with the corksport SRI and box.

You can still put it on, people still run exposed filters.

Devil I'm going to pm u if u don't mind, I don't wanna hijack liquids thread.

Mines been exposed for almost a year and it hasn't been an issue for me touch wood

Does anyone make a bracket like the k&n typhoon to block hot air?

You mean a box or like a heat shield? Corksport make them, unsure of fit but as far as I know they don't fit and Troy (2XS on here) makes a box. Other than that I'm not sure who else makes boxes or shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil MPS View Post
    You mean a box or like a heat shield? Corksport make them, unsure of fit but as far as I know they don't fit and Troy (2XS on here) makes a box. Other than that I'm not sure who else makes boxes or shields.
    A heatshield sort of thing.. Can probably just fab one up I suppose.

Speak to Troy (2XS)

Nice job dude! And looks like u managed to reuse the factory hose...

Quote Originally Posted by ppham View Post
    Nice job dude! And looks like u managed to reuse the factory hose...
    Yeah I reused all factory hoses, the only problem was with the thick hose from the BPV (recirc hose?), it was FAR too long, had to cut a good few inches off it to fit. Otherwise it was a perfect, very tight, fit.
    Last edited by dazza; 20-03-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Initial DJ View Post
    :O then what am I to do with the aeros

oh and when u say the corksport box won't fit, do u mean it won't fit over the aeros? or it won't fit in a mps3 altogether?
    just install it exposed. i dont think our car attracts unwanted attention so you will need to be real unlucky to be asked to pop your hood up.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    just install it exposed. i dont think our car attracts unwanted attention so you will need to be real unlucky to be asked to pop your hood up.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
    thats what I'm doing at the moment lol, touchwood on popping the hood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast