Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Wot!! Ppl can still see my post??
    Will have to find the garage shop like this in Sydney :/
    Admins and mods can
    Rest can't
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Wot!! Ppl can still see my post??
    Will have to find the garage shop like this in Sydney :/
    Sorry mate. Consider that a Public Announcement

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I updated to the latest firmware for the AP this morning and then dropped a new map for the maf cal onto the AP.
    This arvo, went to pop the new maf cal into the car , the old maps are there (as i didn't remove them), but the new map is greyed out and says it is locked to some serial number (which matches the last 4 digits on my AP serial number on the back of it.

Anyone know why it is refusing to play the game? I am assuming something has made it think that the old maps are for a different car to the newest map...
    Every other time I have just hit change map and it has gone no worries, now I can only change between the maps that were on the AP prior to updating.

Halp.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

AP firmware upgrade!! - Mazdaspeed Forums

Same problem on MSF. From what I read its a possible ATR fault.

Quote Originally Posted by David@COBB View Post
    That is correct. This is a platform wide change (i.e. Subaru, BMW, etc) that is related to updating the license file for ATR to support V3 changes. The engineering team emailed me about what was necessary last night.

The fix is to re-request ATR. Then the license file will be updated and everything should work again.

Thanks,

-David@COBB
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 03-08-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Cheers Dan, just found that thread ATR is reverted and I am redoing the map now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Cheers Dan, just found that thread ATR is reverted and I am redoing the map now.
    Bit of an embarrassing oversight on COBB's behalf. But nothing that can't be fixed without too much hassle.

I will need to update mine soon, so hopefully everything is sorted before I need to gotten any further on the E-Tune?
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 03-08-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Bit of an embarrassing oversight on COBB's behalf. But nothing that can't be fixed without too much hassle.

I will need to update mine soon, so hopefully everything is sorted before I need to gotten any further on the E-Tune?
    Not really I am on the list and it is getting closer to me, almost got the ltft's within what makes me happy (under 2% except for one area which is in the 4's), then wot maf cal time (in theory, next weekend?).

But today is the first time I have driven her in 2 weeks, so it is more a finding time thing than anything else. Really getting the itch for getting it all sorted now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Not really I am on the list and it is getting closer to me, almost got the ltft's within what makes me happy (under 2% except for one area which is in the 4's), then wot maf cal time (in theory, next weekend?).

But today is the first time I have driven her in 2 weeks, so it is more a finding time thing than anything else. Really getting the itch for getting it all sorted now though.
    Nice. I though -/+10% was safe to drive and log?

Is PERM Tuning a long waiting period?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Admins and mods can
    Rest can't
    I see....

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Nice. I though -/+10% was safe to drive and log?

Is PERM Tuning a long waiting period?
    I have heard many numbers mentioned, some say under 10, some under 6, some under 4. I just figured I would aim for 2.

There is a bit of a wait, a LOT of people are putting down to wait for the Freek to be ready to do their tune, however all the PERM tuners are good, so no biggie (I also had a few bugs to iron out as well).

The auto off function is in the works

Landscape can be done, but they are looking to see if there is a definite want for this feature

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru....php?p=2193607

What would be the best tune i would set on my MPS 3?

i have the following mods:

Cat back Exhaust
    Aftermarket intake[/TD]
    turbosmart bov
    3" test pipe removes cat
    inlet pipe for turbo
    front mount intercooler kit

i downloaded this map

COBB SF Intake + TIH + IC
    Map Name Fuel Intake TIH IC CDFP
    Stage1 +SF+TIH + IC 98 upgraded upgraded upgraded upgraded

going by the ones above, i still have stock fuel pump internals and downpipe.
    i also downloaded a safe mode map as well.

Im new to this whole AccessPort and tuning and want to get it right the first time.
    any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Spanky69r; 15-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.

13. Default

Mate, I would suggest a custom etune as It would give you better results as compared to ots maps. Dump pipe on the list?? Contact @rayd for a Sydney based tune..

TAP DAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky69r View Post
    What would be the best tune i would set on my MPS 3?

i have the following mods:

Cat back Exhaust
    Aftermarket intake[/TD]
    turbosmart bov
    3" test pipe removes cat
    inlet pipe for turbo
    front mount intercooler kit

i downloaded this map

COBB SF Intake + TIH + IC
    Map Name Fuel Intake TIH IC CDFP
    Stage1 +SF+TIH + IC 98 upgraded upgraded upgraded upgraded

going by the ones above, i still have stock fuel pump internals and downpipe.
    i also downloaded a safe mode map as well.

Im new to this whole AccessPort and tuning and want to get it right the first time.
    any help would be much appreciated.
    i'd look into fuel pump internals asap with all those mods, it's a cheap $400 to ensure a happy motor
    until then, run the safe mode map... or anything that doesnt require upgraded fuel pump (ie stage 1 + SF + TIH)
    the 3" test pipe is the same as a DP for map/upgraded HPFP requirements... it removes one of the cats
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i'd look into fuel pump internals asap with all those mods, it's a cheap $400 to ensure a happy motor
    until then, run the safe mode map... or anything that doesnt require upgraded fuel pump (ie stage 1 + SF + TIH)
    the 3" test pipe is the same as a DP for map/upgraded HPFP requirements... it removes one of the cats
    What he said. Get an hpfp, then go stage 2 OTS. Then e-tune down the track.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

oh sorry i forgot to mention, im in NZ, so definitely not a huge amount of support over here for MPS's

yeah im definitely looking at getting the Autotech HPFP very soon but since i got a AP for now, will look at fuel efficiency etc.

so Sarcasticone, running the safe mode map... or anything that doesnt require upgraded fuel pump (ie stage 1 + SF + TIH) is going to be safe until i can get the internals installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky69r View Post
    oh sorry i forgot to mention, im in NZ, so definitely not a huge amount of support over here for MPS's

yeah im definitely looking at getting the Autotech HPFP very soon but since i got a AP for now, will look at fuel efficiency etc.

so Sarcasticone, running the safe mode map... or anything that doesnt require upgraded fuel pump (ie stage 1 + SF + TIH) is going to be safe until i can get the internals installed?
    It won't affect your fuel efficiency, it just keeps the pressure high enough that the car doesn't freak out when it drops below 1600psi.

The safe mode would be best bet, but as long as you pick a map that doesn't require upgrade fuel pump you SHOULD be OK But all I can say is monitor/log and see if everything looks OK... (Or post a log on these forums and one of us can look at it)

thanks alot SarcasticOne. Much appreciated

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if i can switch between AP OTS tunes without losing my factory flash?

Thats retained till i uninstall the AP right?

Yup, keeps it all

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast