User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by loopkicks View Post
    Tried installing ATR and this pops up everytime!

Anyone had this problem? Or know how to go about fixing it?

I do have accessport manager installed on my Mac and have loaded the stage 1 map accordingly however ATR isn't compatible with Mac so I'm using VMware to have windows on Mac. Not sure if I should uninstall AP manager on the Mac..?
    If you unistall it and download ATR when it has finished it should ask you to download the AP Manager. It did that for me (PC) when the ATR finished loading.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    If you unistall it and download ATR when it has finished it should ask you to download the AP Manager. It did that for me (PC) when the ATR finished loading.
    Just tried again. ATR doesn't want to complete the installation. Really strange. I'll get into contact with Cobb

Quote Originally Posted by loopkicks View Post
    Just tried again. ATR doesn't want to complete the installation. Really strange. I'll get into contact with Cobb
    Strange... When I had to re-download only a few days ago I had the ATR downloading and then a message pops up "do you want to download AP Manager?..." with some fine print shit underneath it.

Maybe it's a MAC issue?
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

@loopkicks
    You are using the USA release of ATR, look at the error closely - im certain there is a separate AUDM release
    @DAN MPS 3
    You could get stuck because the AP THINKS the map is there but it isnt if mazda have overwritten it with a flash, if you get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    @DAN MPS 3
    You could get stuck because the AP THINKS the map is there but it isnt if mazda have overwritten it with a flash, if you get me?
    I think so... If Mazda decide to touch the ECU and for some reason changed/reflash the factory map the AP will have a shit fit.

So better off having a clean slate (no maps loaded) and simply re-installing when I get home to aviod any issues with the ECU.

Bingo

STAGE2 - Update: As I have highlighted in this thread before you can run the STAGE2 OTS Map without a Downpipe by removing the 2nd Cat.

I did some 3rd/4th gear pulls and was very impressed by the extra power and the delivery.
    AFR: 10.7 - 11.8
    PSI: 17.1 - 17.8
    HPFP: ~1780 - 1840

The power picked up ~2300RPM and full boost ~2800RPM, and it seemed to keep building until 6000RPM and holding (with very little/no power loss) to 6500RPM.

The torque band was also a noticeable change. Much like the power delivery it seemed to build faster and hold for much longer then before! Which makes for a great party peice in 2nd and for a laugh in 3rd

STAGE2 without a DP had been reported to cause some surging and for the car to not meet Boost/AFR targets, but I had no such issues with it pulling hard on all power-runs.
    The fuel pump (as expected) didn't have any pressure loss even in the 16*C night air, so good solid investment there

The next mod will most likely be a TMIC (ETS Black = stealth goodness) and see if the S2 (+IC) map will play nice! But that will be a few months away most likely... Until then I will smash a few track days and torture tyres

Stage2 maps are the biggest difference, stage one didnt float my boat!

I was quite happy with the extra power. For only a minor boost increase (1-1.5PSI) it's a great gain. The timing changes really make it wake up early and let it hold power for longer.

Next will be STAGE2: Intake + TIH + IC and smash 19PSI into the motor... I can hear the extra torque steer from here!!
    I don't have a TIH yet, but I can imagine there is a huge gain to be made... the turbo inlet and SRI piping have not increased in diameter so the stock unit should work fine.

Looks like COBB is updating maps...
    COBB Tuning - MAZDASPEED Accessport

If you go into MAZDASPEED3 MAPS you only have Stock/Cobb Intake Maps.

Whereas if you go into MAP ARCHIVES you have all the previous intake maps. It will be interseting to see if they add/delete any intakes.

Hoping they introduce INJEN SRI! Incidently can anyone see an issue running a different SRI MAP (EG: Corksport)? They all offer about the same WHP gains and I imagine the flow differences would be minimal. I want to run a STAGE2 INT + TIH + IC when I upgrade my TMIC, but they don't offer it for an INJEN SRI option.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 02-06-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Looks like COBB is updating maps...
    COBB Tuning - MAZDASPEED Accessport

If you go into MAZDASPEED3 MAPS you only have Stock/Cobb Intake Maps.

Whereas if you go into MAP ARCHIVES you have all the previous intake maps. It will be interseting to see if they add/delete any intakes.

Hoping they introduce INJEN SRI! Incidently can anyone see an issue running a different SRI MAP (EG: Corksport)? They all offer about the same WHP gains and I imagine the flow differences would be minimal. I want to run a STAGE2 INT + TIH + IC when I upgrade my TMIC, but they don't offer it for an INJEN SRI option.

Just pick the map with the closest MAF size diameter then do a maf cal.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Just pick the map with the closest MAF size diameter then do a maf cal.
    Thanks. Seems easy enough.

Pretty sure the INJEN SRI is 2.75" with most aftermarket intake sizes in and around that I shouldn't have any issues

i take it the aussie maps would work for my one which is in NZ?
    ive got a front mount, turbo inlet, bov, SRI, cat back exhaust with cat removed, standard fuel pump, would i be looking at a stage one tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky69r View Post
    i take it the aussie maps would work for my one which is in NZ?
    ive got a front mount, turbo inlet, bov, SRI, cat back exhaust with cat removed, standard fuel pump, would i be looking at a stage one tune?
    Pay $400 for fuel pump and get a stage 2
    And yes, will work fine, it's "world market' maps
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Don't bother asking that on a public forum... :/

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sorry deleted

Wise call lol

Default Re: Cobb Access Port FAQ

In Brisbane my local dyno garage can do a 4th gear WOT from $75 a run, or 3 runs for $100. He let's me sit in the car and I do the logs, he drives to car. Pretty freaky feeling, but safer and cheaper than loosing your licence or worse.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Wot!! Ppl can still see my post??
    Will have to find the garage shop like this in Sydney :/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast