User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To: DIY STi Urethane Front Lip installed on MPS

If i were doing the BL i would go for a later model STI lip, like an 08,09,10 - because it has a much bigger center section which would fill that gap better.

The 06-08 works perfect on the MPS with some trimming - as demonstrated on my car - and now on premHK's car....

2008 2009 2010 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI FRONT BUMPER LIP REAL CARBON FIBER | eBay

@SMOKEY so did you put that lip on yours? cause i've been wanting a carbon front lip for a while

Nope. Mine was the urethane for 2006 sti.

Carbon won't work because you need to bend it to fit the MPS shape. Link was just for reference to the shape I think would better suit BL models.

@SMOKEY pictures?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343975122.959128.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	11845
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343975140.290376.jpg 
Views:	815 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	11846

6. Default

SMOKEY, how much did you have to trim off on the sides?

you'll know when you mount it....but about an inch off each side.

you tryin to get your post count up or summing? i can't keep up with your q's!

Sweet! Lookin' flash on the 3MPS also, great work!!

Default Re: How To: DIY STi Urethane Front Lip installed on MPS

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Nope. Mine was the urethane for 2006 sti.
    Hey mate where did u get this front lip? I have called about 4-5 places and no deal. The best I got was " we have a front bar but won't seperate the lip"

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

eBay's a good start..... and theres a company in Perth that stock a huge range of WRX lips

See mine in my sig..... bought off smokey

Default Re: How To: DIY STi Urethane Front Lip installed on MPS

How much did that cost u? Plus does he have more lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Nice one buddy! What made you so confident that the STI lip was going to fit?

Can this be done to MPS 3? i just picked up my 2008 MPS lastnight and so happy with it, i know i'm going to have lots of fun with this one... my last car was Liberty B4.

Sure can mate @bodyboardingbum has done it on his.

Welcome to the forum btw, and congrats on the car! Throw up a thread sometime with pics of your MPS and B4

Last edited by rogwick; 01-11-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks alot man, have made a new post in the new members area... But i'll throw some shots in later when i give the car a good clean as Melbourne weather has been unstable as per normal lol.

But where can i get a hold of a lip to fit MPS3? I'm also after the inner bonnet bulge stripes... anyone sell them here?

No worries, you can get an STi Lip from ebay, at the time my particular lip (which off memory was an 04 Subaru WRX fit) was about $110 landed, the Lip itself was about $40, the rest was shipping. Still a dirt cheap mod for the amount of interest behind it. Just to be clear the lip isn't a direct fit. You'll have to modify it to fit cause it's a different car. Here's a link to a how-to I've prepared for members like yourself

DIY sti urethane front lip
    @leisk also has a cool front lip but not sure what type or where he got it from, perhaps ask if you that that style. Bonnet bulge stripes are a tricky one to answer. Most of us use a place but they're proving hard to contact of late so maybe try ebay or find a custom place that will laser cut to suit

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

front lip is off ebay. and the stripes can also be bought from ebay, and they are cheaper than any other place i found them at

You got the link for the bonnet stripes off eBay...? I've looked everywhere and no luck

Quote Originally Posted by 007MPS View Post
    You got the link for the bonnet stripes off eBay...? I've looked everywhere and no luck

Here are mazdaspeed ones:
    Mazdaspeed 3 07 09 Hood Stripe Pair | eBay

And though these are red in the picture, the seller states:
    "You will receive these stripes in the color of your choice"
    and
    "If you would like another logo we can provide alternate logos, please make a note when sending payment if you would like a different logo."
    Hood Stripes by TFB Designs Fits The 2004 2009 Mazda 3 mazdaspeed 3 Hatchback | eBay

off ebay.com
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast