User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EIBACH Pro Kit Springs?

Default EIBACH Pro Kit Springs?

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about lowering the mps 3 on a set of eibach pro kit springs, but would like to hear peoples opinions on this as I am hesitant,
    reason being, the car i had before this Mercedes coupé lowered and had 20inch rims bit lower profile wheels then on the mps, every 3 months or so my front tyres would pop or become bold due to camber at the front, so with you people out there that have lowered your mps's what have you found? are there any problems with having lowered springs? does it wear out the tyres quicker?
    I do drive alot in this car as it is used for personal and work purposes where i drive all around Melbourne so i do come across some bumpy roads, does this make a big difference with the lowered springs?

I'm asking this over the forums to people who have more experience in this stuff than me as i do not want the same problems i had in the Mercedes with always having to pull out money for stupid tyres lol

thanking you all in advance,

Eddy

Assuming all you do is lower it, should be fine, just make sure you get a proper wheel alignment done

Your ride will be harsher as the suspension has less travel to soak up bumps etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have been told that your original shocks will wear much more quickly with lowered springs

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I have been told that your original shocks will wear much more quickly with lowered springs

Peter "SLIXX"
    Was certainly true of the Gen 1. I don't know about Gen 2's but I'd suspect similar results

I replaced my stock shocks n springs with Koni 'Yellows' n Eibach 'Pro kit' probably 3 months ago.

+ves: fantastic handling all round. Virtually eliminates any body roll. Great feel on the road.
    -ves: very harsh over bumps at speed. ( ensure your tyre pressures are always right this will ensure your wheels don't get damaged )

Overall would reccommend it and if the harshness in bumps is a prob then opt for the Koni FSD's shocks, which are more a stock feel.

I run H&R lowered springs on mine.

Yes it can be a bumpier ride at times though in my opinion it's still fine as a daily driver.

The plan is (and always has been) to change the stock shocks for aftermarket (Koni or Bilstein). As Pete has pointed out above the stock shocks don't cope as well with lowered firmer springs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 05-03-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Dont just lower. Im a strong beleiver in spings and shocks combos, Koni or Bilsteins. I would stay away from Bilsteins B8's on 20' rims on the MPS, OR GET TAILER BUMPSTOPS. As for tyre wear yes it will wear quicker as your driving style will rchange , its like adding a exhaust and intake cuz it sounds better you tend to push teh throttle more = worse fuel eccom.

Yup agree. I install Eibach springs, Koni FSD and Whiteline Front and Rear Swaybars with the Bump steer correction kit

Peter "SLIXX"

it just makes the car look so much better when lowered, i really want it done but don't want the hassles after so im still trying to make up my mind... im in the cbd alot so alot of bumpy roads and tram tracks and that sort of stuff doesn't really help, the only thing left for me to do is lower it and see for myself if i don't like it and wares the tyres out way quicker then normal i will put stock springs back in lol

Defintely do shocks at same time if you lower it. And quality, goes a long way lol.

My Rx8 handles so much better with the Tein H-Tech spring's + Bilstein B8's...that's not unexpected. What is unexpected is that is significantly more comfrtable than stock!! It so smooth its ridiculous... never been in a sports car with that feeling.
    Last edited by lucifuge; 05-03-2012 at 02:12 PM.

I had Prokits for a while on my Gen 1, they killed the stock shocks within 10,000km or so, replacing shocks at the same time is a good idea.

Ride height was great, not too low but lower and looked better than stock.

Suspension should be done as a whole.

Shocks, springs is a good combo.
    I'd suggest camber and castor correction kits for the front and rear while you are there.

Fitted Eibach Pro springs to my Gen 2 over 14 months ago and more than happy with ride and look of car (low but not too low). Also fitted rear sway bar and front strut brace and after 12,000km's tyres (S Drives) have very even wear so no issue there. Have considered replacing shocks and may do so in the future however so far cost does not seem warranted considering car is handling great.

thanks for the input all much appreciated... il give it a shot and hopefully all goes well

I have a set of Eibach pro springs for the Gen 1 that I have not installed in my car and will be looking at selling if your interested. Save you some coin for the shocks as well

will it fit in gen 2?
    and how much?
    thanks

From what I can work out with the rather weird eibach website the springs I have will fit from years 06 to 09. So if it happens to fall into there then they should fit. All though I am sure someone else would be able to confirm or deny that with more of a better idea. However will keep on looking to confirm

Looking for around 250 for them

I don't know is they will fit, but USA '09 is still gen 1 I think. gen 2 is '10 on, while over here we got the gen 2 in 09.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

I have a July 2009 build GenII MPS

Peter "SLIXX"

E10-55-013-03-22 Is the nly number I have been able to find for them. Is confused

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast