User Tag List

Thread: Turbo Diesel questions!???

Question Turbo Diesel questions!???

Ok So I know the same engine is in the 3/6/cx-7 turbo diesel.

I have done a chip on it and its a bit more zippy!

Has anyone done a CAI on the diesel at a?? Is it worth doing?

I had a look under the car and I can't do the exhaust its to complex to mod due to the ADBlue system.

Is a blow off valve possible on a diesel? (I have no idea) and yes I know I would have to feed the waste gate back into the system.

Anyone else driving the diesel motor any got any ideas?

Raven
    MAZDA CX-5 GX 2012 • Done exhaust, Rims, Break callipers and still going!

If your engine doesn't have a throttle plate, you can't stick a BOV/BPV on it. I don't know enough about the MZR-CD engines though....

You won't find much info here. If you search for a guy named "pockets" on the other mazda forums, he will be able to answer your questions. He has done to his 3 all you ask about. Bloody quick car.

your parts availablity will be rare and expensive but a custom dyno tune and air cleaner will prob keep you more then happy!

If you can't get in touch with pockets, try a PM to Team Green on here.
    He isn't active much, but should answer a PM. He's good mates with pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    If your engine doesn't have a throttle plate, you can't stick a BOV/BPV on it. I don't know enough about the MZR-CD engines though....
    Believe it or not, my BT-50 had a throttle... When we did the inter-cooler on it and pulled all the plumbing off; "What, what?? That's a Trottle!!"

Apparently it's has more to do with exhaust gas recirculation then actually being a throttle as you'd normally associate one... but it was there. I have no idea about the MZR-CD though.

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    Believe it or not, my BT-50 had a throttle... When we did the inter-cooler on it and pulled all the plumbing off; "What, what?? That's a Trottle!!"

Apparently it's has more to do with exhaust gas recirculation then actually being a throttle as you'd normally associate one... but it was there. I have no idea about the MZR-CD though.

Some do and some do not. This is the problem Without knowing engine specifics, I can't just make a general comment.... The CX-7 Does have a EG Recirc system though, so I would assume it has a throttle plate.