User Tag List

Thread: Getting tuned ECU

Default Getting tuned ECU

hi,
    i have not found any Mazda 3 MPS Gen2 tuner in my country.

if i want to get my ECU tuned, will it work if i send my ECU by post and tuned it at eg. Australia tune house or buy a tuned ECU?
    does engine tuning requires it to be tuned at the local ambient temperature and fuel quality?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kippo View Post
    hi,
    i have not found any Mazda 3 MPS Gen2 tuner in my country.

if i want to get my ECU tuned, will it work if i send my ECU by post and tuned it at eg. Australia tune house or buy a tuned ECU?
    does engine tuning requires it to be tuned at the local ambient temperature and fuel quality?

thanks
    Where you based?

Unfortunately you can't send your ecu to Australia and get them to tune it...

Depending on where you are based will depend on your options...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 27-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Versatune or Hypertech?

I'm from malaysia, north borneo side. Reading d post here makes me itchy to mod.

Versatune or hypertech allows for local fuel quality and ambient temperature adjustment?

From memory, when I was in Malaysia they had 95 Ron fuel? I am pretty sure the hypertechs are tuned for 91 Ron so it should be fine.

I would contact hypertech and make sure it would be able to flash your ecu.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    From memory, when I was in Malaysia they had 95 Ron fuel? I am pretty sure the hypertechs are tuned for 91 Ron so it should be fine.
    US fuel ratings are measured in MON, not RON. Just something to watch out for. Broadly speaking 91MON=95 RON, 93MON=98RON. So when looking at any of the US solutions I'd keep that in mind.

OP, Hypertech may be able to do what you're after but is an off the shelf tune and can't be altered, Versatune will enable you to tune yourself and adjust for local conditions and fuel but is a much more involved process (remote tuning assistance is available) which at the end will give you a much better result, but I don't think the Gen2 support is ready as yet. I can't think of any other portable options which would be currently available for you with the Malaysian delivered MPS.

Hypertech website is Performance is our Passion - Hypertech (look up Mazdaspeed 3)
    Versatune website is VersaTuner - An Innovative Tuning Solution and the guys are involved here on the site as a sponsor.

Edit: MazdaEdit is another self-tuning option, but doesn't have Gen2 support. Will put the link in for completeness epifanSoftware | mazdaEdit
    Last edited by TD; 02-03-2012 at 08:06 AM.

I had a look, it appears Malaysia has 95 ron standard, and 97 ron premium.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Nice, hopefully the 97RON is consistently available in Borneo and of high standard. Tuning for there would be quite interesting I think, very similar considerations to northern Australia (Cairns, Darwin etc) in that heat would be a huge factor influencing anything you did.

Yeah. When I was in Borneo it was very hot / humid.

You would probably want to get it dyno'd after the flash to make sure the AFR's are safe.

I would say versatuner, just cause it gives ability to log and monitor as well...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thanks for d input guys

yep, d fuel available here r RON95 (d Malaysia MPS ECU is tuned to this fuel) and also RON97

i've used both RON95 & RON97 and can't really feel any difference.

as i stayed on an Labuan island, the temperature here is hotter than on the mainland.

the problem here is that there is no tune shop and no dyno available as well.

hence the thought of getting d ECU reflashed elsewhere.

i'll read both hypertech n versatune first. From your feedback, it looks like versatune is the better option just that it does not have release for Gen2 yet.

has anyone done a comparison with ecutek tune vs hypertech/versatune tune yet? just wondering how far off these hypertech/versatune against ecutek/chiptorque

Hi,

I have got VT and i can say that itis just awesome. It makes it drive like a different car all together.

No doubt in my mind, when gen 2 package is ready do that, u will not regret it.

How do you find the software to use and moniter?

Quote Originally Posted by Disicap View Post
    Hi,

I have got VT and i can say that itis just awesome. It makes it drive like a different car all together.

No doubt in my mind, when gen 2 package is ready do that, u will not regret it.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?