User Tag List

Thread: CP-E FMIC Install on Mazda 6 mps

Default CP-E FMIC Install on Mazda 6 mps

I have just received my CP-E FMIC Kit and I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these kits on a 2006 Mazda 6 mps before.

I have searched the internet and have found some other installs done by guys in the U.S.A. but they were some time ago and it appears that CP-e has changed the aluminium pipes, silicone couplers & most of the mounts since those installs.

The supplied install manual is not that great and the photos are of the old kit and not that clear.

I have studied the supplied photos and the supplied kits components and it’s quite clear, its all going to be very tight getting it to fit considering I have a CP-e CAI as well.

I also appears that the CP-e FMIC kit does not come with the silicone coupler that connects the aluminium pipe with the bov flange on it to the Throttle body.

Did anyone have to modify the car air conditioner lines or brackets getting this
    FMIC kit to fit?

I am looking to install the kit mid March once my BNR stage 3 turbo arrives.

So Guy's, any advice, feedback or photos of this kit installed would be greatly appreciated leading up to the install.

GL with the turbo upgrade matey!! Let us all know how you go

Mine is a CS FMIC. But you will find that Aus spec front bumpers are different so the Yank plumbing tends not to take account of that and you might have some re-bending to do. But I can't be more specific with yours. I wrote more in it on "the great TMIC vs FMIC debate"

Default Picture of the parts in the current CP-e FMIC Kit

Hi Guys

I just thought I would post some picture of the parts in the current CP-e FMIC Kit for future reference.

Picture 1. Aluminium pipes
    Picture 2. Silicone couplers
    Picture 3. FMIC Core & Hardware (Notice I did not use the standard worm type clamps - I used Super Clamps size 64mm-67mm)
    Picture 4. Mounting Brackets
    Picutre 5. Size comparison Stock TMIC vs CP-e FMIC

Hope this Pictures can be of use to someone someday

Cheers....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221-1500.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	10511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1222-1500.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	10512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1223-1500.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	10513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1224-1500.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	10514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1225-1500.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	10515  

Cpe uses a reverse flow intercooler? Interesting....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. Default

I fitted one of these kits 12 months ago, very tight fit and fiddly but it does all go together quite well.
    I had to very slighlty bend some of the metal air con lines to make it all fit and one of the pipes sat against some metal in the engine bay. Pretty sure it was knowkcing against the chassis rail so I put an oversized bit of silicone hose over that section to stop any noise or rubbing. Once I changed the rear engine mount a few months later there was no more issue with this and enough clearance.
    Only bit missing in the kit is the silicon joiner to the Throttle Body & remeber that the instructions are slightly backwards as when it says drivers side that is now passenger side etc. Feeding the pipes up from the cooler into the engine bay si tight but once there in its all good.
    Biggest issue I had was getting the bumper back on and to sit flush in the top corners where it meets the gaurds near the headlights.

Have fun changing the turbo that is by far more of a mission, I hope you have a hoist already have the stock dump & heatshields removed