User Tag List

Thread: Second Hand CPe 3" Downpipe for MPS6

Default Second Hand CPe 3" Downpipe for MPS6

I am looking for one of these. I would prefer one with a High Flow Cat, but Catless is fine too.
    Let me know.

Cheers

PM'd
    Last edited by dazza; 26-02-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Everyone keeping theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by ppham View Post
    Everyone keeping theirs?
    I think we are the odd ones out? lol

Second hand downpipes are few and far between at the best of times, this is typically due to the excessive cost of removing the old downpipe, that would typically yield the same or even lower price second hand, I believe this would be more so the case with the 6 as it is a more complicated install. So there is really no benefit to the seller in this case, so most are just left on at the time of selling the car.

I see your point...

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    PM'd
    Edit: delete

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Second hand downpipes are few and far between at the best of times, this is typically due to the excessive cost of removing the old downpipe, that would typically yield the same or even lower price second hand, I believe this would be more so the case with the 6 as it is a more complicated install. So there is really no benefit to the seller in this case, so most are just left on at the time of selling the car.
    its not hard at all just take the factory strut brace out (wipers off) also the lower under body factory brace and it is easy to get to on the 6 i can drop my dump pipe out in 30 mins you just pull it out through the engine bay even easier if you take the manifold off personaly i'd get the atp dump pipe its made from slightly thicker stainless steel my biggest problem with the 6 is the engine rock it actually broke the welds on my cp-e dump pipe during a hot run the other day,

so my advice is to do your engine mount's before you increase your power level much
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    its not hard at all just take the factory strut brace out (wipers off) also the lower under body factory brace and it is easy to get to on the 6 i can drop my dump pipe out in 30 mins you just pull it out through the engine bay even easier if you take the manifold off personaly i'd get the atp dump pipe its made from slightly thicker stainless steel my biggest problem with the 6 is the engine rock it actually broke the welds on my cp-e dump pipe during a hot run the other day,

so my advice is to do your engine mount's before you increase your power level much

soo the install on the DP isn't that hard then? in that case I shall not pay $450 for install and attempt this on my uni break haha

i did it today i pulled the dump pipe off the turbo and the manifold and put it back together again by myself in 4hrs the turbo was the biggest prick it was leaking oil from the oil return pipe so new gasket almost 1.5 hours just getting it back on properly. please study the stock exhaust mounting point's in a work shop manual first so there is no surprises and wd-40 all the bolts so you dont snap any and buy all new bolts M10 x 1.5 x 25mm and 30mm and i would suggest getting new nuts too believe me it save's heart ache

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

but i am a very experienced person mechanically if you arent it will take longer, just take your time have breaks and get one of your mates with little hand's my big clobbers dont help me at all when it comes to jap cars

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

$450 stuff that where are you from anyway what state if in vic i could help you

Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

you can have mine when i get my new high mount GTX3576R turbo setup its got a magna flow hi flow 100 cel cat
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 09-05-2012 at 08:40 AM.

w00t! Thanks mate!

i did it today i pulled the dump pipe off the turbo and the manifold and put it back together again by myself in 4hrs the turbo was the biggest prick it was leaking oil from the oil return pipe so new gasket almost 1.5 hours just getting it back on properly. please study the stock exhaust mounting point's in a work shop manual first so there is no surprises and wd-40 all the bolts so you dont snap any and buy all new bolts M10 x 1.5 x 25mm and 30mm and i would suggest getting new nuts too believe me it save's heart ache

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

but i am a very experienced person mechanically if you arent it will take longer, just take your time have breaks and get one of your mates with little hand's my big clobbers dont help me at all when it comes to jap cars

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

$450 stuff that where are you from anyway what state if in vic i could help you

In Perth, yeah no sh*t my thoughts exactly and $450 was the cheapest I've been quoted, that forum sponsor I forgot who does ECUtek tuning in perth wants $600.. ****ing joke

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    In Perth, yeah no sh*t my thoughts exactly and $450 was the cheapest I've been quoted, that forum sponsor I forgot who does ECUtek tuning in perth wants $600.. ****ing joke
    not really... for most places it's a 4-6+ hour job... think @2XS 's record is 3 hours, and he's done a fair few...
    guy at best mufflers can fit a whole turbo back WRX exhaust in the time it takes him to do the DP on a MPS...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

if was just the dp it would of only taken me 45 min - 1 hr once its jacked up and on stands im tall so even when i have it jacked up i can still reach all the way down the back of the motor and that time is with me have to crawl under the car, once the manifolds off its a piece of cake (loosen your dump pipe bolts a bit before you unbolt the mani completely) but i'll say again i dont have a top mount so its a bit faster for me

if was just the dp it would of only taken me 45 min - 1 hr once its jacked up and on stands im tall so even when i have it jacked up i can still reach all the way down the back of the motor and that time is with me have to crawl under the car, once the manifolds off its a piece of cake (loosen your dump pipe bolts a bit before you unbolt the mani completely) but i'll say again i dont have a top mount so its a bit faster for me
    You can come help me do mine? haha
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Would love to see a how-to posted with photos and tools needed, 1 hour doesn't sound too bad....
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    You can come help me do mine? haha
    yep i can $100 and i'll pull it out and put one back in but you have a tmic so it will take a bit longer

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

where are you located???? PM me

You could make a living flying around the country doing DP's. Those in Perth, a few of you should get together, but this guy a plane ticket, feed him beer/steaks for the weekend and get DP's installed for a fraction of the price.

That's good info Ax, thanks for sharing, I paid $600 here in Brisbane for my Best Muffler DP install.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    You could make a living flying around the country doing DP's. Those in Perth, a few of you should get together, but this guy a plane ticket, feed him beer/steaks for the weekend and get DP's installed for a fraction of the price.

That's good info Ax, thanks for sharing, I paid $600 here in Brisbane for my Best Muffler DP install.
    good idea keen free holiday's sound good to me but my missus has to come to she wont let let me go otherwise

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

no wait she said i can go by myself but that means i have to leave the car to her to drive which isn't such a good idea

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

so missus still has to come with as i dont wont a phone call while im away saying the cars in a million pieces