User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you experienced exhaust smoking in any of these circumstances

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I've never experienced smoking

57 37.25%
  • Yes, and I have a completely stock exhaust.

51 33.33%
  • Yes, and I have a cat-back or race-pipe.

7 4.58%
  • Yes, and I have a turbo-back or downpipe.

38 24.84%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Smoking and Turbo Seals

1. Default Reapir of a stock turbo

I Bought a original Garrett Turbo catridge from the local Garrett dealer, it cost 1/4 of a reconed turbo, and it only took an hour to install the new catridge. I have now been driving 2 mounths whithout smoke. The whole operation to remove the turbo, replace catridge and re-install the turbo took me 6 hrs in total on a Mazda 6 MPS.
    After the installation the performance increase and gave me 500 rpms in the bottom and pulls to red line, where it stopped at 5500 rpm.
    I am using an ATP downpipe, that caursed the hole smooking problem.

It is a cheap alternative to a new turbo.

2. Default Stock 2012 Mazda3 MPS exhaust smoke

Hi All, after some advise. I am guessing based on this thread that it could be the turbo seals. I have a stock 2012 Mazda 3MPS and it has 193000kms on the clock. Ive owned it since new, serviced regularly. I have never had an issue and only in the last week have noticed a little smoke out the exhaust when idling or if I put my foot down hard (which of course never really happens, ha ha). I just want some advise on thoughts of what it could be so I am not ripped off when I need to go to the mechanic.I am going to try ands attach a video of what I mean. Im new here, so excuse me if I am not clear enough.

Blog Entries

Also check that the opil return line from the turbo isn't gummed up with deposits - if it gets blocked/too restricted then oil will push past seals. Yes likely seals.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789