User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you experienced exhaust smoking in any of these circumstances

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I've never experienced smoking

57 37.25%
  • Yes, and I have a completely stock exhaust.

51 33.33%
  • Yes, and I have a cat-back or race-pipe.

7 4.58%
  • Yes, and I have a turbo-back or downpipe.

38 24.84%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking and Turbo Seals

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    Hmmm...biiigger inteercooooleeeer
    Which isn't going to help with heat issues. It will probably do the opposite making the air denser -> more fuel -> more power -> more heat.

ha i jus got a new turbi!!! o an warranty of course!!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Aleks mine is getting done at Slaven
    great!! guess which dealership's getting a call in the morning

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

yeah ... mine does that every so often ... not real good for the ego when it happens in public

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    ha i jus got a new turbi!!! o an warranty of course!!!
    Mr Nasa, how long did they take to do yours, they have told me they only need it for tomorrow, but I have heard it takes longer than a day, if so I will be sorting out a loan little mazda 2 in the morning for some fun zooming over the weekend
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

ask for an MPS3 so you can find out what your not missing out on

6. Default

well ... the 3 went in today to checked ... and a turbo is now on order

So after all the discussion, what is the conclusion? Is the turbo replaceable under warranty, because I noticed a puff of smoke when I started my car the other morning

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    So after all the discussion, what is the conclusion? Is the turbo replaceable under warranty, because I noticed a puff of smoke when I started my car the other morning
    They certainly are

you just have to push the dealer

and if your car smokes like others have, you won't have much pushing to do

9. Default

When I picked mine up I asked them if they send the turbo back to head mazda for them to look at it, they said "no unless they ask for it which wasnt likely as they were well aware of a bunch of bad turbo's going out and mine was in that batch" So I think even if you have modded things in this case Mazda are going to be more likely to just turn a blind eye to it and give u a new turbo under warranty

well mine has gone in today. Hoping the the bloke rings with good news. ie allowing it to be replaced under warranty considering the few mods.

my one sorta smokes at startup then dissapears, corksport catback fitted.
    im going to order the corksport downpipe but dont really want to install to find out i get smoke, then remove it back to stock for a dealer visit. i guess ill have to if it does smoke. anywayz......
    Mines a July 06 build so wararnty is almost up on this thing

Isn't it a 5 year WTY + 2 years if you service as Mazda?

13. Default

When I picked mine up I asked them if they send the turbo back to head mazda for them to look at it, they said "no unless they ask for it which wasnt likely as they were well aware of a bunch of bad turbo's going out and mine was in that batch" So I think even if you have modded things in this case Mazda are going to be more likely to just turn a blind eye to it and give u a new turbo under warranty
    I wonder what Mazda do if the turbo isn't "in that batch".....

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Isn't it a 5 year WTY + 2 years if you service as Mazda?
    No.. 3 yr unlimited, with the option to extend 1 year (at additional cost). Some of the 08's managed to get 4 yrs without paying the extension (like my misses and her 08 Neo Sport). You have to watch out on the 1 yr extension tho. Read the fine print, as some items are not covered as they were in the 3 yr.

and if you service your car with the dealership you bought it from......they give you extra year or 2 warranty but read the fine print (since ive serviced my car at another dealership because its much closer and cheaper - i probably would have void the "extra warranty")
    so i think ill install the downpipe myself and see if it smokes, that way the next time round it shouldn't take as long "im loven it"

15. Default

well ... my turbo has been replaced and working sweetly ... very little fuss .. they did have to keep it overnight when the bolts on the heat shield rounded .. so, i was given a courtesy car, and i got to learn that Mazda 2s and the 3 MPS are in no way related as cars ... I'm so glad to be back in the beast

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    well ... my turbo has been replaced and working sweetly ... very little fuss .. they did have to keep it overnight when the bolts on the heat shield rounded .. so, i was given a courtesy car, and i got to learn that Mazda 2s and the 3 MPS are in no way related as cars ... I'm so glad to be back in the beast
    Morpheous yes I just had the Mazda 2 experience for 3 days while they were fixing my cracked hose from the radiator and jeez was I glad to get my MPS back
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

17. Default

Morpheous yes I just had the Mazda 2 experience for 3 days while they were fixing my cracked hose from the radiator and jeez was I glad to get my MPS back
    heheh you'll love this .... just caught up with a friend on the weekend and he was well proud of the new car he had just bought for his missus ... a Mazda 2 ...

do you think i had the heart to tell him my genuine opinion??

Got mine booked in for a Friday-Saturday in a couple of weeks so they can start it first thing in the morning and get smoked out...or use it in their Friday night dealership disco as a smoke machine

Here's hoping it gets fixed.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Got mine booked in for a Friday-Saturday in a couple of weeks so they can start it first thing in the morning and get smoked out...or use it in their Friday night dealership disco as a smoke machine

Here's hoping it gets fixed.
    Ohh Neu Danskki you got the smokin disease?? Damit man, isnt yours totally stock too?

Friggin mazda... Frigging weak.... I wonder if those damn hitachi turbos are in the 2010...

Yeah, it's stock apart from the SRI.

In all fairness a Mazda mechanic at the Dyno Day in April 08 noticed it on my car at 4000km old and told me to take it in. It's now almost 30000km and only in the last 5000km or so has it turned into a smoke machine. This mornings effort was especially impressive!

I'll endeavour to take some video before I get it changed over and post it here.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast