User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to MPS

Smile New to MPS

I hope this hasn't been covered to much before, but i just bought my very first mps and im ready to begin a few modifications, i called turboxs and spoke to the very helpful gentleman about a few things with the mps but was brought to my attention with the gen 2 you cannot make any changes without a following tune or the ecu resets everything to minimum.

So im just interested in what i can do without having to put the car in for a tune?

Handling mods.

Learn to drive your car fast before you make it a fast car.

there is a few guys who are/were running cars with intake/exhaust/intercooler upgrades, so it's certainly possible to do it

at the end of the day, depends largely as to how far you want to go... a "cat back" exhaust is absolutely fine, as it is purely a sound mod

Not sure about the Gen 2's, but mine has a number of mods, including exhaust and i still run off the stock ECU with no problems and all fuel pressure and AFR reading normal.

On my Gen2, the following mods I rate the highest:

Cat back exhaust: $1200. I love this mod as it makes me (and others) love my car more.

DP: $1200 + $500 fitment. I actually did this first. Added some good gains, around 12kw's on a stock car. Changed the note, but not any more noisy. Great bang for buck.

Intake: Corksport SRI and TIP. Love the noise, I like the look of the engine bay with the Corksport Airbox.

Suspension: DGR coilovers. Major improvement in handling (if you set it up right, which I'm still working on). I like the setup 70% of the time. The rest is weakling with bad Qld rds.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    On my Gen2, the following mods I rate the highest:

Cat back exhaust: $1200. I love this mod as it makes me (and others) love my car more.
    You tend to use more fuel with this though....... with people like me making you drive through tunnels several times while gunning the engine

Next mod = Recaro baby seat like Ward's
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

The DP is quite possibly the best bang for buck mod power/response wise.

!st option would be a replacement rear mount . This will noticably stop engine bay movement and assist in nose diving.
    Oem = shit There are several good aftermarket mounts and heaps of good info on this forum.
    You are also correct re ECU.

DP + Tmic = good torque increase. Turbo intake pipe = faster spooling turbo (not much power increase tho).. All together its good combo i think

thanks for all the replies guys! so yeldarb did you have to retune after DP?

I have not done tune, I have DP,Tmic, TIP, K&N filter. It has added power Im guessing its around the 170kw atw

Oh yes, I forgot the REM. I went with a 75 Duro CPE and have never looked back. I'm not sure on how the SURE and other products measure up, as they weren't available when I got mine. I don't know about Gen2, but Gen1 a decent Rear Swaybar will do wonders for handling.

No tune. Although if you were to ask a few members here who have logged their fuel pressure during WOT, it's sounds like I should be doing a fuel pump upgrade. Certainly in the US, it seems to be the first mod they do.

so what mods add fuel consumption or reduce full consumption?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsnoob View Post
    so what mods add fuel consumption or reduce full consumption?
    Reducing, tune and right foot...
    Increasing, right foot, everything else...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lolol true, im looking at a Engine Mount and CS SRI + TIP just reading reviews etc no real rush still need to learn to drive it hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mpsnoob View Post
    lolol true, im looking at a Engine Mount and CS SRI + TIP just reading reviews etc no real rush still need to learn to drive it hahaha
    Honestly the 3 biggest factors in fuel economy are the traffic you drive in, how much you use the throttle, and how often your turbo is producing boost...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Is turbo back exhaust including DP?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...-resource.html
    yup
    "turbo back" means everything from the turbo, back to the exhaust tips

God damn this is a so awesome fourm.
    thanks man
    Which part I can switch if i am feeling my turbo back system
    is too loud? Or anything else I can do ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast