User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squealing on Boost

Default Squealing on Boost

Fmic piping is notorious for leaks! You need good silicone couplers and t bolt clamps, bit of a bitch and expensive clamps but worth it.. I imagine you will be in for a shock once you get that boost back :P

Went through everything and my LTFT and STFT are still out of wack and still squeals a little bit but not as much as before :S feels a little better to but its getting a full check up now for its service anyway so will see what turns up.

Not too sure here, but does the MPS auto adjust injector scaling and latency?

That is the only way that your fuel trims would be all over the place. On the Evo's once you have dailed in the scaling and latency values it stays there and then depending on your trims you would adjust the scaling if it is way out, 20% or more, and the latencies for cold start and fine tuning.

Oh and you probably already know but + or - 5% on your trims would be where you want it. Sorry if this has been asked but I am still new to to MPS ECU's.

Oh sorry, and did you check the prv on the valve cover? That could also be the cause of your squeeling noise.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Not too sure here, but does the MPS auto adjust injector scaling and latency?

That is the only way that your fuel trims would be all over the place. On the Evo's once you have dailed in the scaling and latency values it stays there and then depending on your trims you would adjust the scaling if it is way out, 20% or more, and the latencies for cold start and fine tuning.

Oh and you probably already know but + or - 5% on your trims would be where you want it. Sorry if this has been asked but I am still new to to MPS ECU's.

Oh sorry, and did you check the prv on the valve cover? That could also be the cause of your squeeling noise.
    Yeah i knew the Trims should be +/- 5%. What is the PRV on the Valve Cover?

I'm not sure about the injector scaling maybe someone with more knowledge can elaborate on this?

If the ECU was tuned when it had a leak would that also effect the Fuel Trims?
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

The PRV should be like a breather on the valve cover to alleviate any pressures in the top half of the motor.

The injector scaling tells the ECU the size of the injector, AFAIK there are no replacement injectors for the MPS so not too sure why somebody would want to change the numbers, if indeed it has been changed

As for tuning with a leak somewhere, yes that would have a effect on the afr's, LTFT and STFT should not be affected. Again I am not sure what the MPS ECU do to your trims so I might just be blowing smoke here. Somebody with MPS ECU knowledge would be able to tell us that.

I am also looking at Mazedit atm to get the software, once I have the software then I will be able to educate myself a little more as to what can an cannot be adjusted.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123